Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$83
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$70
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$115
US$68
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
US$113
US$89
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$62
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$46
Travelodge
US$52
US$43
Pleasant House(Castle Donington)
All reviewsfive minute walkdeparture loungeeast midlands airportan early flightno liftbar areastay overnightbar foodeasy accessexcellent hotelpleasant staywould definitely stay here againcomfortable bedsexcellent value for moneycar parkingexcellent staygood nights sleep
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We on;ly stayed for one night but an excellent choice,very comfortable room,good breakfast with lots of choice.The staff were helpful and friendly,we left our car for ten days in the car park and it was very convenient for the the airport.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Arthur C, General Manager at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear
Many thanks for taking time out to write about your recent stay at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel. It is so nice to see that you had a great experience with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
David Livingstone

Reviewed 14 March 2018

You can't go wrong when you stay at a Jury's - the service is usually spot on, the rooms are usually spot on, and things just go well.

This was my first stay at the Jury's Inn East Midlands Airport. I picked this hotel as it was in between the two places I was working, and convenient. I was also hoping that I might get a bit of plane spotting in (that didn't happen!).

Anyway, I checked in - staff on check in really friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. As there are no lifts, I was asked if I needed a hand with any luggage (I didn't as was only staying the one night). I booked a table in the restaurant so I could get something to eat a little later.

The room was lovely, really well appointed - really clean and in true Jury's fashion the bed was lovely and comfy. The bathroom had all the essentials - and was spotlessly clean.

I went down to the Restaurant for the time I had my table booked (I had to ask where it was - as I clearly hadn't listened when I'd checked in). I was pointed in the right direction. I was shown to the table, and a drinks order taken, everything to make me feel welcome. I had chance to review the menu, but having had the "steak and frites" only a few weeks in Glasgow - I decided to have the same again. I asked what the meal came with, and was told it was Fries or they could be swapped for a salad. Having not eaten since breakfast (well apart from a slice of toast) - I asked for a side salad.

The meal arrived, and looked good - there was salad on the plate (a generous helping) - as well as an additional salad (which I had ordered, on the understanding there was no "side salad" served. When I explained to the lady who'd brought my meal over she said - not a problem we'll take it off the bill - which was fine. Not even halfway through the steak it was clear it was tough as old boots. he steak knife provided wouldn't cut it, and a few dinners in close proximity were looking at my plight (including the table next to me who had a lovely steak).... "Not to worry", I thought, "someone will be along shortly to ask if everything is OK with my meal and I can flag it up then".

After being ignored, trying to catch peoples attention, I then heard several members of the waiting team who were clearing the table behind me talking about me and my meal saying "I'm not going to ask him if it's Ok, it's clearly not" - or words to that effect. I didn't look round, but wished I had. I ate around the steak, and finished the salad and fries. I sat there for over 45 minutes, during that time I was constantly ignored by the team in the restaurant. The final straw came when they started clearing tables of those who had sat down after me, asking them if everything was OK with their meal. I got up, and went to the front "meet & greet" of the restaurant. Not content with talking about me behind a semi open partition it was obvious that me getting up and going to the "meet & greet" section of the restaurant caused a stir between them as to who was to speak to me.

I spoke two members of the team - one of whom agreed to comp the meal. That wasn't the point, it was the very fact the team made me feel as I though I didn't have the right to give them feedback. By the time I'd gotten to the this stage - my appetite had gone, and I didn't want to eat.

Instead I left the restaurant, feeling quite embarrassed and certainly not feeling welcome.

I spoke to a gentleman, who I believe was the manager. He was really helpful - and listened to my feedback. I just hope it's acted upon, as at the moment this hotel feels very different to the "normal" Jury's experience.

Would I stay here again... I don't know...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Arthur C, Manager at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your feed back.
It was myself who you spoke to and the team on the same evening was given your feed back and it has been shared with the management team.
I do hope we will see you back so you can see your feed back has been acted upon.
I do hope you will be back at Jurys at East midlands.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2018

On a very busy night due to snow the service we received was superb. All staff were very helpful but special thanks to Kay who could not have done more to make our stay perfect. I would definitely stay here again when flying from East Midlands.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Rod H,
Many thanks for taking time out to share your experience at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel. I am delighted to see that you had such a positive stay. I will make sure to pass on your comments to Kay the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn in the near future.
David Livingstone

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

They advertise breakfast and evening meals on their page. They give a full range of prices for their evening meal, which costs extra. They advertise breakfast, what they decline to tell you that despite paying £90 for one nights stay that price doesn’t include breakfast.
Complaining at reception was a waste of time, the receptionist reply was because we booked through a booking website they have no control over the advertising. What a rip off!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Arthur C, Manager at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Mike W
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay at the hotel and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail.

Our guest feedback is very important to the operation of our hotel and affords us the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please contact me on Arthur_Callaghan@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Very friendly staff, good food but the heating in the bedroom completely let the stay down. Everywhere was clean and tidy smelt fresh. I had an issue with the bedding but didn't raise the issue with staff but the quilts are feather down which is a little problem

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Arthur C, Manager at Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Cherrie91 Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Sorry to read there where parts of your stay you did not enjoy but delighted you found the team friendly.
Hopefully we will see you will back with us soon and if you have any special requests do let us know also if you have any concerns during your stay do contact reception as we have 24 hour cover to help our guests.
Regards