Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Restaurant
US$109
US$82
  • Pool
Pleasant House(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$74
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$57
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsafternoon teaold fashionedsconesupgraded to a suitefull englishwedding venuelarge roomrace trackdonington parkan overnight staymartinamealgunjugscastlederbymidlands
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

After reading many poor reviews about this hotel I was expecting the worst.
We checked in a few hours ago and wad greated by a lovely entrance hall decorated tastefully.
We had upgraded our room and on entering we were really impressed. It's massive with 2 tv's and quaint bathroom suite.
It looked like the room had been done up recently. I have added some photos. This is room 10 by the way.
Yet to try the evening meal but I shall report back as to how it was.
I obviously have not seen any of the normal rooms so can't comment on them. But very impressed by ours and the service so far.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lucycopeland
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Very tired decor,in need of a refurb.Bathroom light wasn't working.Only one hand towel and one bath towel provided for a double room.Mattress definitely needed replacing.Handrail on stairs hanging off wall.When we arrived room was absolutely freezing.Stained carpet.Definitely not worth the price charged.
On the plus side very friendly waiting and Bar staff and excellent food.Hats off to the chef.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jocksgirl
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We didn't stay at the hotel but had a lovely afternoon tea at the Manor as part of my mum's 90th birthday weekend. It was exceptionally good value with a glass of Prosecco to start us off. Good choice of teas and as much as you could drink. Very good variety of sandwiches and gorgeous scones. The mini cakes, meringues and tarts were all really tasty. I would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night whilst attending a motor racing event at Donnington Park and were very disappointed as the rooms did not look anything like the photos on the website.

The room we were allocated was definitely not what you would expect from a ‘finesse collection’ hotel. Check in was minimal, take payment and given a key with little welcome or explanation. In the room the decor was shabby and dusty, mismatched furniture, drawers were damaged, the side of the bath was missing a chunk, the TV made an intermittent electrical crackling noise. We had booked a double room but only provided one towel.

However the main problem was the noise. We were above the function room which had a party and could hear loud music until midnight. We also heard the footsteps and voices of everyone who walked down the creaky corridor past our room. Then we were woken at 05:40 with planes taking off and landing at nearby East Midlands airport, not helped by the large windows only being single glazed and one window not sealed properly! We were so tired on Sunday, which spoilt the weekend break unfortunately.

On a positive note we ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening and the food was excellent, one of the best meals we’ve had in the last few months. Breakfast was good too.

Would not stay here again or recommend to others.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stayed here for one night with work. Our greeting was pleasant and the reception and first impressions were great. We were allocated rooms out the back in the court yard rather than the actual hotel. The court yard was dark and the initial door was open ajar. I thought this was because the room was empty, however this was because the door did not shut!. When I got into the room I was immediately hit with a fusty smell and a light switch without a switch! Thankfully the bed looked clean and comfortable, this was it's only redeeming feature. The bathroom looked OK if you didn't look to deeply.
The decor is attractive but looking very tired and the whole room need renovating or a bloody good clean. Spider eggs sacks around the door frames, spotlights hanging out of the ceiling and peeling paint.

As this was for one night and quite late in the evening I couldn't be bothered to complain as the bed was clean and that was all I required.

We ate in the main bar,this again really needs some attention with regards to decor and cleanliness. There was a strong smell of urine throughout the room.
The food was tasted OK, although the warm beetroot salad with foccacia came without foccaccia. When I complained I was presented with four very thin slices of ciabbata the size of a £2 coin. £8.95 for a main portion the size of a starter. I dread to think what you would actually get for the starter version of the dish.
Thankfully the waitress could tell that the meal was not acceptable and automatically offered me a 20% discount as compensation,

We retired to our rooms and attempted to settle in for the night. The air conditioning unit outside of the room was noisy and initially a concern but this was switched off about 11PM.
I was woken at approx 1AM with what sounded like someone was running around in the room. I soon realised that there must have been a corridor above my room with very little soundproofing I was able to hear every footstep up and down which persisted through the night! No go lightly's here!

The shower was worked fine and there was plenty of hot water.

Breakfast was OK though sadly a lack of diary alternative milk meant that I was left with dry toast and jam as my only option. It is very rare that I visit a hotel of 3 star or more that doesn't have soya milk available.

This hotel has a huge amount of potential and could be fantastic, If possible I suggest spending a bit of money on it now to get it up to scratch before it goes too far.

It should be said that the staff were all accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Looking at the photo's the rooms in the actual hotel are the best, avoid the court yard
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business