“Lovely lunch in sunny winter garden.”
Review of Cintra's Tea Rooms

Cintra's Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hathersage
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cintra's is a licensed cafe situated in the popular Peak District of Hathersage. Seating for up to 44 inside but with the added surprise of the large, beautiful, secluded, dog friendly tea garden at the rear of the cafe. Cintra's offers a varied menu to suit all tastes, with the emphasis being on our homemade traditional dishes for example steak pie, shepherds pie, vegetarian quiches. We have a varied "Specials" board with something to suit all tastes. In addition we offer a traditional Afternoon Tea which includes our delicious homemade cakes and scones. We also offer breakfasts which include a vegetarian option. Cintra’s does operate reduced opening hours from November to March. Please check our website of Facebook pages for up to date opening times.
Reviewed 3 December 2017

As ever a friendly welcome and delicious lunch. We sat outside, despite the December weather, as we often do to enjoy the changing seasons in the garden.

Date of visit: December 2017
Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thankyou Jane for your kind review. I’m so pleased you were able to enjoy our lovely garden, even in December. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a cuppa while passing through and couldn’t resist a cheeky Cream Tea. Scones were beautiful, really light, with red fruit rather than currants. It is a traditional tea shop, nothing fancy, but does what it says on the tin.

Date of visit: November 2017
Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thankyou for recent review. Our Cream Teas are always a very popular option with our raspberry scones so I’m pleased you enjoyed it. Hope you can pop in again.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We popped in for a piece of cake. Quaint little tea room, nice décor and the cake hit the spot. Staff friendly and it was nice and clean.

Date of visit: November 2017
Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thankyou for taking the time to review Cintra’s. Feedback is very important to the business so I appreciate your kind comments which I will share with all my staff. Hope you have the opportunity to visit again.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Paid another visit to Cintra’s a couple of Sunday’s ago. The weather had brought everyone out and they were rushed off their feet but the food and service was as good as ever. Must specifically mention the cottage pie with sweet potato topping which was delicious. Looking forward already to our next visit!

Date of visit: November 2017
Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thankyou so much for your lovely review. I’m glad you came back to see us and enjoyed your experience once again. I will share your kind comments with my staff. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Visited Hathersage the other weekend with a friend and what a treat it was to find this idyllic tea room. We were greeted with a lovely welcome by Julie, the owner, and found a spot in the upstairs seating area. Despite being busy at the time, our food and drink order was taken promptly and we had a great chat with Julie.

My friend and I had both gone for the steak pie and what a pie it is. Deliciously tender steak in beautifully handmade shortcrust pastry served with the best meat gravy I've had in a restaurant. As it was the weekend, I'd ordered a bottle of ale to wash it down with which was an excellent choice.

We finished off with a couple of slices of cake - coffee and walnut and a slice of butterscotch. Both generous portions, freshly made and delicious.

Cintra's is a real treasure in Hathersage - we will most definitely be back!

Date of visit: November 2017
Julie B, Owner at Cintra's Tea Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thankyou for your recent review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and in particular our homemade steak pie, which is one of the most popular choices. I do hope you come and see us again soon.