“Great restaurant, amazing service.”

Maazi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Hathersage
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience India and its delectable cuisines in the midst of the peak district’s mystic beauty.
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Visited on a Friday evening, great atmosphere. Very prompt service, tasty food. Not overpriced. Disappointed by the shabby ladies loos.

Maazimatlock, Guest Relations Manager at Maazi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Sue,
We are glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Maazi team always like to hear from our guest about their experience. We apologise for the inconvenience caused due to shabbiness of the loo. Although we try to keep everything clean and tidy during weekend due to heavy rush sometimes we are not able to keep the tidiness full time. We are really sorry if the aforementioned problem caused you any distress.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Ate at Maazi's Hathersage for the first time after some very positive experiences in Matlock. Outstanding meal - had the Tandoori Chicken Karahi and Bhindi. I've eaten many hundreds of curries over the years and this was in my top 5. Personal and attentive service from Sonar enhanced the evening for me as a solo diner.

Maazimatlock, Guest Relations Manager at Maazi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear James,
Thank you for your comment. We always like to hear from our guests. As we can read in your review you have visited our restaurant in Matlock before, I hope Heathersage was up to your expectations.
I am glad that Sonar and our staff made your dining experience with us more enjoyable.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

The past Monday we (me and girlfriend) visited Maazi mainly as a lot of other restaurants are closed on a Monday.
We opted for the MONDAY TAPAS offer, £13.95 per head for which you share 4 starters and 4 mains, rice and naan.

I do not know a lot about Indian food, this is probably the third restaurants i've visited, however it was by far the best. The main difference was the flavour , other restaurants seem to just spice things up for the sake of it whereas here you could really taste the difference between dishes.
The dishes were very large and were thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful .

Would definitely recommend and return.

Dear George,
We at Maazi Family really appreciate that you and your girlfriend liked our Tapas menu. The main reason we introduced the tapas menu was because we like our guests to try different dishes at same time. I am really grateful that you liked all the dishes you ordered. I hope you will find time to visit us soon to try the rest of the menu.

Thank you for your review we are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Very disappointing. Nice environment but poor food. Paratha uncooked and Tarka Dahl the consistency of old porridge. Main courses arrived with a dry skin on the top. I appreciate they need to keep dishes warm but the least they could do is stir before serving. The two mains we had were pretty tasteless as well.

3  Thank Rheumatoid
Maazimatlock, Guest Relations Manager at Maazi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear Sir,
I, on the behalf of Maazi family would like to apologise for your inconvenience. We cook all the food fresh when guest gives their order. I am sincerely baffled that you had problems with your food. Currently we are facing problems in the kitchen because of temporary lack of staff. I am sure we will figure out soon what went wrong with your meal. If you give another chance to us, we are sure we will make sure your dining experience memorable.
I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I can't believe I've not eaten here before, we will certainly return. The taxi driver curry was really tasty too! Ali looked after us and the time flew - thanks!

Maazimatlock, Guest Relations Manager at Maazi Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you very much for your assessment Hazel. We at Maazi team are really glad that you enjoyed your time with us and specially that you liked our chef's special "Taxi Driver curry". I am really glad that our staff member Ali was able to make your dining experience more enjoyable.

I hope that you will dine with us soon and give us chance to amaze you again with our amazing food.

Thank you again.