1,598 results
All reviews yew lodge spa break marco pierre spa facilities marco's restaurant flight path steam room an early flight course meal lovely hotel health club both mornings executive room wedding party no air con following morning waiting staff
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Staff all very friendly and main bar and restaurant are very modern and fresh. Nice gym and pool... however the rooms are VERY dated and although clean dont warrant the price. Bathrooms are shabby with broken tiles (mainly due to some cowboy fitting them?) Fixings hanging off wall. Also my pet hate... one of those awful irons from 1800 that doesnt get hot. Its 2018 come on get some proper irons. Room rate doesnt include breakfast which is another £12. So for £107 this is over priced when put against others. Based on the bedrooms which lets be honest is where you are its at best £70-80 a night.

I would stay again if an offer came up but wouldnt pay over £100.

Its a shame really as if they tidy up the bedrooms it will be a great little hotel and warrant this rate

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Stayed at Yew Lodge Hotel 17/2/18. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable. We used the Spa facilities and the pool, they was great.The staff at the hotel are the best. They can't do enough to help and are very friendly..Muzzy and Helen in Marco's was lovely and made us feel very welcome. The meal was Fantastic. We will definitely be going again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzilee1
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I brought this spa deal off group on for me and my boyfriend for one of his stocking fillers for Christmas..
When we arrived , all the receptionist were stood there talking and laughing away.. they didn’t even acknowledge that we was stood there waiting..
We then filled out our health forms and then had to pay £10 to borrow robes and towels?!?!
We then had to ask where to go and they stated ‘just down the stairs and round the corner’
No one showed us round. We had no idea how the lockers worked, where the pool or toilets were, where we went for our treatment? Where our afternoon tea was?
I thought this was a very poor effort..

The spa was very limited and small, the jacuzzi could only fit about 4 people in and when it did have 4 people it in started to over flow and flood the spa. There was only 3 loungers to chill out on and a couple was on these the whole time we was there so we ended up just sitting on chairs which wasn’t very relaxing. The pool was cold so I didn’t even want to stay in there long.

The afternoon tea we had was very poor, we got 4 tiny finger sandwiches, a tiny fruit salad and a scone the size of a £2 coin. We had no cutlery given to us and also had to ask for our pot of tea which was included.. by the time it came out we had finished our ‘afternoon tea’

The only plus side to the day was that the back massage and facial I had was amazing. Big credit to Ellie (I think that was her name) a young girl with braces. She was amazing..
however, me and my boyfriend went to this as a couple so maybe it’s an idea to make rooms big enough for 2 people.. this would of been nicer.

To say this cost £35 each and then had to pay extra.. I sadly won’t be going back here in a rush. I have been to spas which are a lot nicer and similar price..

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Yew Lodge at Kegworth . Great hotel . Gym sauna steam room swimming pool and jakuzzi. Two treatments meal in Marco Pierre White restaurant and breakfast next day included in price . Staff where great really friendly. Room was nice and spacious . Food was amazing . We had the sharing plata and calzone second visit and was better than the first

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevbailey
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Mr T and I had a wowcher voucher for afternoon tea given to us as a Christmas present and we decided to go this afternoon. It was a wonderful spread, there was small 'finger' sandwiches which were lovely, a selection of plain and cheese scones with Jam and clotted cream. The top tier of the high tea display stand was filled with a selection of cheesecakes, panna cotta, meringues, profiteroles. Presentation was lovely and we were invited to choose between proscecco, red or white wine. Pots of tea completed the afternoon tea. The staff were very helpful and cheerful, nothing was too much trouble for them. The restaurant looked very inviting. Obviously we didn't check out the rest of the hotel but the reception areas look welcoming. We looked at the menu for the evening as we have decided to come back and have an evening meal. I would definitely recommend the wowcher afternoon tea at Marcos. Plenty of parking and easy to get to from the M1.

1  Thank MrToms