“Lovely place”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$13 - US$83
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Two AA Rosette restaurant and cocktail bar with two great menus: Chefs Menu which is more refined dining and Urban menu with cool casual dishes ...the bar also has wood-fired Pizza Oven. Both menus served daily from 12 noon. Extensive outdoor seating in a huge very beautiful garden. Great for fun dinners, lovely lunches, business events. Very child and family friendly and an excellent menu with extensive wine list. Definitely the place to be seen in Derbyshire.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great ambiance at Amalfi White, set in a lovely old building. I’ve always been a little confused with menu(s) - there is basically a fine dining menu and a grill style menu offered together, but at least it gives more options.
Anyway, food was great - excellent charcuterie board to start, pizzas and burgers very nice. Pizza was huge, but able to take the leftovers home in a doggy bag!
Prices good, service friendly, but could perhaps do with a little tidying up.
Anyway, nice to see a neighbourhood restaurant in a small town doing well.

Amalfiwhiteuk, Manager at Amalfi White, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Rob

Thanks for the review and so pleased you enjoyed your visit. Our pizza dough is made fresh each day and the burgers are made by our chefs so they are fresh and hearty and brilliant quality. Did you try the black bun with your burger? It’s quite a novelty!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely love the place, ambiance is fab, cocktails are delicious, i had my first date three and a half years ago with my boyfriend so love to come for sentimental reasons. However, the food is over rated and over priced. I have been several times, trying different dishes and have been disappointed time after time. I’ve had undercooked salmon, cold pizza , chargrilled vegetables that tasted burnt but raw!! Chargrilled salmon that tasted burnt. Such a shame

Hi Lisa

I talked to our chefs today and we are quite upset about how you have not enjoyed your food. Please next time you are in tell us what the problem is with your meal and we will rectify it immediately. We like to think of you as a regular customer and would like to make sure you enjoy your next visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

we had a delicious lunch today. The waitress, Eva, was very friendly and obviously well trained, we had three courses each all of which were cooked and presented beautifully. The menu was easy to choose from as it had lots of choice, fish, meat, poultry and vegetarian, it also had a limited vegan selection. I had steak which was cooked excactly how I wanted it and came with very crispy homemade chips. My partner had a very good pizza. All in all excellent. We can’t wait to go back.

Hi Stephen

Thank you for the excellent review. We love great reviews like this as we are so pleased you have enjoyed yourself at our venue. Thank you for mentioning our staff as they just love it. Eva is very happy! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch earlier today with my wife and daughter. The food was, quite simply, to die for and very reasonably priced (would recommend the Amalfi prawn cocktail). Service was excellent and both waitresses were friendly. Will definitely be back.

Hi WillBeck86

Thank you for this delightful review. Our Sunday lunch is the best - we get so many emails and reviews raving about it. It’s the finest quality meat and vegetables, expertly cooked by a very talented team. The Prawn Cocktail is our bestseller. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

Visited here for the first time one Sunday lunch (around 13:30). There is no car park for the restaurant, just on-road, parallel parking. The restaurant itself was eerily quiet for this time of day.
We opted for two courses off of the Sunday lunch menu - £19.95 per person. I have to say, there was not a lot of choice. We had the beef ragu arancini to start (around 5 balls) and this was good.
For mains, we both opted for the roast beef silverside. This was served with roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, yorkshire pudding, roasted parsnips and carrots, red cabbage, steamed green beans and a "red wine gravy". We had to ask the waiter to take the beef straight back to the kitchen because it was cold - not ideal. It wasn't that great, the meat was tender, yes, but the gravy was incredibly thin and did not taste like it had any red wine in it. I've made better roast potatoes myself and the yorkshire pudding was burnt. Needless to say, we did not stop for dessert and I don't think we'll be returning.

2  Thank Lucy H

Hi Lucy H

I’m sorry you did not have a great experience at Amalfi White. Thank you for letting the staff know that the roast was not up to standard and I’m pleased they addressed it immediately for you. We have worked with the chefs to investigate what went wrong with your experience and we would love for you to give us another try. We are doing a brilliant set lunch throughout December so please do come again.