1,574 results
All reviews the vine railway carriage the main hotel garden room junior suite cooked breakfast oysters garden restaurant dog friendly hotel crab lovely village afternoon tea north norfolk waiting staff birthday treat car park smoked salmon
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Room was great although the bathroom was very tired and let down the rest of the room,
The service was great and the food was amazing thank you for such a comfortable stay. We definitely be back again soon

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HosteManager, General Manager at The Hoste, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear arabella986

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you decided to visit The Hoste and you thought your room was great. Your comments about the bathroom have been noted, we work very hard to maintain the hotel to a high standard and your comments on the matter are very much appreciated. Overall, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service and food were amazing. Next time you visit, why not book a relaxing treatment at the glamorous Hoste Beauty Spa?

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed here on a Sunday for one night.

We had Sunday lunch in the courtyard on a beautiful sunny day.

We stayed in room 7 on the top floor overlooking the village green.

It was a very hot night but having both windows open and the ceiling fan on did the job.

Breakfast seems to come in for a lot of criticism on tripadvisor in that you have to pay extra for a cooked option, poached eggs, bacon, scrambled egg etc.

Whilst we were happy with what was included in our room rate, a wide range of cereals, toast, smoked salmon, I can see why itvangers guests to have to pay for hot items such as sausages, eggs and bacon.

We paid £220 for one night and I do feel the Hoste should review their hot breakfast offer, it would prevent the negative feedback on this forum. It’s easy feedback to address even if it was just adding £ to the room night cost.

Feedback- consider having plain green tea available as there was none in the restaurant or the bedroom and I was told “we don’t have it only with jasmine “ I appreciate there are lots of different teas but plain Green Tea is popular.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We chatted to them all.
The food and service we had was very good.

We will be going back and plan two nights and I will bring my own green tea bags!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah D

Thank you for your 5-star review. I am pleased you had a wonderful Sunday night stay at The Hoste and the food and service were very good. The weather has been particularly warm recently so it’s great to hear the ceiling fan in your bedroom kept you cool. I’m pleased you were happy with your breakfast and your comments regarding the cooked breakfast and green tea have been noted.
We look forward to welcoming you to back to The Hoste. Next time why not visit our luxury cinema?

Reviewed 25 June 2018

First impressions are amazing The Hoste is very tastefully decorated and in such a lovely setting but sadly the young receptionist changed the atmosphere with her rude sarcastic manner ,she was asked for directions around the hotel , my friend asked her politely to reiterate what she had said to which she rolled her eyes and tutted.
Our friends then joined us for Sunday lunch. Firstly we were kept waiting ages for the drinks to be served.Then we alll ordered a roast dinner which when eventually plated up was very tasty but firstly the meat potatoes and Yorkshire pudding arrived ,then about five minutes later the vegetables ,then another wait for extra gravy and horse radish ..After the meal extra drinks were ordered which unfortunately was not drinkable a male member pointed out that the becks lager was cloudy to which the waiter strangely requested him to taste it first ! The bill was about £180.00 which we all politely paid as we felt too embarrassed to complain any more.
Our room was small but decorated nicely.For breakfast we had the buffet which was served up beautifully in the brasserie. Then before we left we shared a pot of tea sitting out the front over looking the green which again is quintessentially a treat to partake in.
A mixed visit most of the staff were very friendly and obliging but some need to learn the correct etiquette towards the customers and towards keeping up the standards that this establishment deserves.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank Louise N

Dear Louise N

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hoste. We agree we are very lucky to be based in such a pretty village with boutique shops on our doorstep and just a stone’s throw away from some of the region’s best beaches. I am pleased to hear you thought your room was decorated nicely and the breakfast was presented beautifully. I am disappointed to hear the service was not up to our usual high standard. The dedicated Hoste team put a huge emphasis on resolving customer concerns and I would be very glad to personally discuss your experience at The Hoste. Please feel free to kindly call me at the main hotel number 01328 73877.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Extremely warm welcome from Director of Guest Services (Mr Martin De Sousa) which was greatly appreciated - only called in for a bite on a Sunday afternoon but this place really do know how to make you feel welcome.
Sat in the garden area which was a hive of activity - there were a few dogs with their owners which made me wish I had taken my King Charles Spaniel with me.
My partner (it was her first visit to the Hoste) and I had a superb lunch with a nice bottle of wine - really excellent food - we were well attended to by a number of the staff on duty - special mention here for a young Latvian lady (Inga) who seemed to go that extra mile to make sure everything was ok for us - this was much appreciated - she certainly has been well trained in the Hoste way of doing things .
I look forward to our next visit.
Many thanks
JFH

Stayed: June 2018

Dear John FH

I am so glad to hear that your visit to The Hoste was a great success. It is great to read such positive comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and you were well looked after by myself and Inga. Next time you visit, why not book a relaxing treatment at the glamorous Hoste Beauty Spa?

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The hotel was wonderful, staff very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a dog friendly room which was gorgeous. Our first time in Norfolk and we loved it such a beautiful place we will definitely be returning and stay at the Hoste again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear kathcardy

I am so glad to hear that your three day visit to The Hoste was a great success and you were able to stay in one of our dog-friendly rooms. Thank you for commending the delicious food and excellent service. We agree we are very lucky to be based in such a pretty village, with boutique shopping right on your doorstep and just a few miles to some of the region’s best beaches. Next time you visit, why not book a relaxing treatment at the glamorous Hoste Beauty Spa?