“Lovely lunch. Good value ”
Review of By The Fountain

By The Fountain
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely lunch. Good value and excellent food and service. Great makeover by new owners. Definitely an upgrade.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So good to be back inside! We were made to feel so welcome ..the restaurant has had a make over- much more chic, gives the feel of a proper restaurant - and they did not disappoint! We are both vegan and the lunch specials were incredible both in taste and textures perfect spicing and the plating made it looked so special. We will definitely be back. Wonderful to have this special dining experience here in East Grinstead

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our town had no actual proper restaurants until this opened, only dull chains with the same bland and amateurish food as every other chain. This place is a breath of fresh air with proper restaurant quality food, extremely well cooked and presented, and tasted fantastic. You also get bread made by one of the chefs (very, very good), an amouse bouche at the start (which was so yummy I could’ve eaten a bowl of that and been happy), and a palate cleanser before dessert (rhubarb sorbet which, despite not being keen on rhubarb, was really good). Best food I’ve eaten for a long time, very “masterchef worthy”. I am not a fussy eater but I do prefer quality over quantity/low cost, and this is what I got. Myself and a friend went and had 2 courses each and 2 Mocktails and it cost £85, which I thought was excellent value. Will be recommending this place to everyone and definitely paying another visit soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

First dinner out in a year..!! Newly established outside terrace area for dinning. Sun was shining. Service was perfect. Menu impressive and food very very nice. Loved it all.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I visited this establishment on sunday and I was nicely surprised with their sunday lunch menu. Special twist on traditional dishes and much more! Delicious octopus! Staff was extremely polite, professional and friendly at the same time!

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank karelnecas
Ali, Owner at By The Fountain, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Hi @karelnecas

Thank you very much for your review and feedback regarding your recent visit to By The Fountain.

We appreciate all customer feedback and we are so glad that we were able to make your visit to By the Fountain so special this time.

I am so glad you enjoyed our Sunday lunch and our lovely team of staff.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Ali