“looks a bit shabby but good food”

Central Hotel Bowen
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Bowen
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Family of 4 had the lunch, all was very nice and good value, friendly staff, looks a little run down from the outside but food makes up for it, battered gfish was very nice, $10.00 steak looked even better but was sold out.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My wife and I had a nice meal at this pub. It was nice and quiet at tea time so it was very peaceful dining. The meal was nice and well priced. Would go back there again when we are next in Bowen.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Service is great, food is great, drinks are cold, air conditioned, Tab. Nice relaxing place for lunch or dinner

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Great regional pub with a lively atmosphere complete with a cover singer playing some great 70's and 80's music. The pub has a second eating area for those who find the music too loud or don't want the barroom atmosphere.

Meals were a decent size and cheaper than expected. The salt and pepper calamari entree was some of the best I've ever had. For a main I had a grilled local Red Throat Emperor with a citrus butter that was nice and fresh and cooked perfectly. If I was looking to find fault I'd say that the serving of citrus butter could have been a little more generous.

Overall it was a good night out in an honest pub that I would be happy to have as my local. I'll certainly be back if I'm looking for a meal in Bowen.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a basic but honest country pub, friendly staff with a really good chef. One of the best steaks I have eaten anywhere and they were very accommodating to my vegetarian companion giving her some tempting options and when she had selected making a great dish for her!