“A NIGHT TO REMEMBER...from strangers to friends 💗”

King Ludwigs German Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Maleny
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Please note: King Ludwigs Restaurant is closed for renovations and annual holidays until 31.3.17. We will reopen on Saturday 1.4.17 and look forward to serving you again. King Ludwigs Restaurant opened it's doors in Maleny more than 2 decades ago and is run by the Bavarian couple, Barbara & Klaus with the help or their 3 children and professional team. From King Ludwigs you overlook the magnificent Glasshouse Mountains and Moreton Bay. Book your table to enjoy this 180 degree view from the verandahs and authentic German cuisine created by owner/chef Klaus and his sous chefs. Views, alpine feel, chalet dining rooms, wood fires and the authentic Bavarian beer bar stocked with more than 35 imported German brews combined with passionate service and honest food make King Ludwigs a destination in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Give us a yodel soon! Your hosts, Barbara & Klaus and Team
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I had about 5 hours to kill, some uni work in my bag and not dressed necessarily for an evening out, but needed somewhere warm to sit, eat and do some work. Found this place and with no booking walked in to try my luck for a table.... i felt more like I was being welcomed home than to a restaurant!! The fire was going, the place was packed, German music filled the air, the wait staff were fabulous and the food was scrumptious! As if that wasn't enough... as people started to leave and tables became empty, Barbara (the owner) offered me a seat closer to the toasty fire. I declined at first, then decided to take her up on her offer. As the night wore on I asked if they were wanting to close up so as not to overstay my welcome... not at all, there were people still in the front bar and nobody was hurried out. Barbara even sat down and talked with me for some time, what a beautiful lady. Her husband Klaus came out from the kitchen for a chat too. It was warm, welcoming hospitality at its finest! Tonight's experience was one of those unforgettable moments in life where I walked in a stranger and left with new friends. Thank you Klaus & Barbara, I can't wait to catch up again soon.... I'll bring my husband too next time x

3  Thank TravellingRascals

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Our family visited King Ludwigs for a birthday party, and we had such a great time. The food and atmosphere were absolutely fantastic!
By far the best part of our evening was the service we received from the amazing staff. We were treated so kindly, there were even games to keep the kids busy.
Thank you so much for a wonderful evening, we will be back!

3  Thank ktsg87
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, great beer, great service! It tasted like we were back in Germany. Will definitely be back.

2  Thank Gemma T
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Genuine German cuisine, superbly cooked and presented in a setting to die for, overlooking the Glasshouse Mountains in the Sunshine Coast hinterland....what more can one ask for?

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 11 August 2017

From all of us at McGrath Buderim & Mooloolaba, thank you so much for such a fabulous time at our awards night on Saturday. Everything was magnificent but only just surpassed by the entertainment which was without a doubt the best fun ever. Your hospitality was warm and welcoming and we had such a great time with all of you… special thanks to you Barbara and Harley for a wonderful function. We’ve had so many compliments and I’m sure that you’ll see many of us again in the near future.

2  Thank KimBrent