“Lovely peaceful setting”
Review of Soul Vine Cafe

Soul Vine Cafe
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Port Elliot
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Description: Soul Vine Cafe serves seasonal, healthy and delicious meals in our beautiful courtyard cafe seven days a week. Our menu changes as we source locally and organic wherever possible. We serve colourful, meat-free dishes specially created by our chefs and in-house naturopath to nourish the body and delight the palate. Our cafe is open to the public and our retreat guests.
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

This is such a lovely setting we could have been somewhere in Italy but, no, its Port Elliot. I had coffee and cake and my friend had coffee and avocado with toast. Its vegetarian food which is freshly made. Gluten free options. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Hilary G

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Called by for a coffee on the run - was worth stopping for
The cafe is not easy to find nestled at the back of a grand old building.
The smells eminating from the kitchen beckon for a further visit - vegetarian organic and locally sourced with an interesting menu.

1  Thank llsaPortElliot
Reviewed 6 November 2016

The first thing that strikes you is the property that this cafe is situated in, a grand old home in a semi-rural property. We had lunch at one of the tables in the main room which was very large and spacious with lots of old timber decor which harks back to a previous time. An abundance of atmosphere indeed. One can browse through the books and admire the many paintings and bric a bracs that fill the room.
We had mainly vegetarian-based lunch, which was quite nice too, washed down with great coffee and fruit juices.
The property has plenty open space that would be ideal for jazz concerts in summer, which I hope will happen this summer!

1  Thank rhinoflex
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We visited the old world building on Saturday for lunch. Wonderful atmosphere with very soothing music. The staff were very friendly and the food quite different. It is a very peaceful place that only serves vegetarian and organic wine. The first platter was very oily and hard to eat but the main was very different. It was a bowl of fruit with loads of fruit in a avacado sauce. Quite different for a main and I would go back for that dish alone. It was delicious and very filling.

1  Thank Pollyanna315
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

After going to the back of the property to find the restaurant, the path poorly lit, we waited for anyone to acknowledge we had arrived. Both my partner and I felt uneasy in the restaurant, the music selection was not relaxing and the waft of incense burning was not pleasant. I was waiting to be brainwashed to be recruited into a cult!!

Once the food had arrived the waiter explained that the mushroom had a tomato sauce. It looked delicious but it was laden with chilli. I have a mild reaction to chilli so found it inedible.

Main course I ordered the feta and spinach triangles - I assumed mild but there was also chilli hiding in the garlic yogurt sauce. Very disappointed. My partner who ordered the rice cakes found them enjoyable with the chilli sauce but he commented it was one of the hottest sauces he has had which spoilt the dish. He commented to the waiter and didn't know it was that hot.

We couldn't wait to leave and won't return.