“No School Like the Old School!”
Review of Corky & Lenny's

Corky & Lenny's
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Beachwood
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I've been eating at this restaurant for over 30 years, and it's still the same...still serving terrific Kosher deli food that never disappoints! On our most recent visit, we simply got down to business with a hot corned beef sandwich and reuben. If I had room, I would have gotten the Mish Mash soup...it's huge and so good! As it is, I always have to take half my sandwich home. You have to ask for pickles, as they don't automatically put them on the table anymore like the old days...but they are still crunchy and awesome. The place is always bustling, and no wonder....great food, great prices, and fast service. They ship overnight on dry ice literally anywhere, so I send my parents a box for special occasions: rye bread, corned beef, pastrami, swiss cheese, mustard, horseradish, and pickles! What's not to like?

Amanda K, Owner at Corky & Lenny's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you so very much for being a customer over the years! We greatly appreciate your business and your kind words.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here with a family of four. The food was good and the price was reasonable. The service was okay, but not fantastic.

Thank you for coming by! I hope you'll stop by again soon so that we can improve our service score in your mind. We're always trying to improve.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The kugul wasn't even warmed up, it was served ice cold. After my visit I mentioned to a friend that they don't even serve pickles and was told "you are supposed to ask for a dish of pickles of you want them." How are you supposed to know that's an option if they aren't offered?

2  Thank WunderlustOne

I'm so sorry that you were dissatisfied with your experience. We strive to provide great food and a great experience. I hope that the server was able to quickly get that kugel heated up for you! As for the pickles, I will remind the servers to ask people if they'd like them. It does say a few times in the menu to ask for them, but I totally get that the menu is huge and you can't always catch everything. I hope you'll be back so that we can give you a better experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Yes the corned beef sandwich was huge and it was very good. For $11.50 you should get a large sandwich, right? The service was very disappointing and certainly it detracted from our experience. We were seated for 10 minutes before a server arrived and she needed an attitude adjustment. My wife asked for some lemon in her ice water and the server reacted as if we'd asked her for rocks from Mars. Anyhow, yes the food is good, the menu is interesting and the restaurant I'm told is very popular. Good luck with the service.

I'm so sorry you had a dissatisfying experience. I'm sorry the waitress wasn't more prompt and friendly. We are constantly striving for improvement. I hope you'll give us another try.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I love Corky and Lenny's. It is a true, NY style deli - huge portions and great food. Try the 'three little pigs'.

Thank you for your business and your kind review! I suspect you mean the "Three Little Tootsies" a classic to be sure!