“Food, Fun, Family...& Christmas Ale!”
Review of Oriole Cafe

Oriole Cafe
Ranked #26 of 50 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 November 2014

We met up with my bro-in-law & sister-in-law after participating as exhibitors at the I-X Center Fabulous Food Show with our lil' company, Chef William Creations. Starved and ready to relax, we found them already there in a big booth with wings already ordered. The wings there are great (both sauce & texture), but what I was most excited about was Great Lakes Christmas Ale on tap! As a former Clevelander, I miss this delicious seasonal ale! All of our dinners were memorable. My burger (smothered in blue cheese) was amazing. The perch dinner, ribs, and bison burger were all perfectly done...OH, and did I mention homemade pierogi deliciousness? The service was very friendly, the atmosphere is laid back. I love the dive bar feel, as first-timers (we WILL go back) we felt welcome and as if we "belonged". Do yourself a favor....GO!

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank NorrieVera
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Judging from the outside I probably would not have selected this bar/restaurant on my own, but we heard the food was excellent. Since we were in the area we decided to give it a try and sure glad we did. Atmosphere -- well, not so good, but it's a old bar/restaurant in an old house. Could use a little tidying up, though.

I had the grilled chicken spinach salad with homemade bacon dressing and it was excellent. My husband had the burger and fresh cut fries. This was a real burger -- not the fake meat or frozen ones you get at most restaurants. We were there around dinner time and it wasn't too busy on a week knight but heard since it's very close to BW college, they get a lot of college students in the evenings and week-ends for their specials.

We look forward to going back again when we are in the area.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I like the older bar/restaurants that have been around for a long time. Of course the food has to be above average and the Oriole fits the bill.

The burgers are hand made and delicous but in addition to bar food they also have home cooked meals.

The service was friendly and all the employees checked to make sure everything was OK which it was.

They have a good selection of beer and entertainment on some nights. We went on a Thurs and they had an acoustic duo playing that was great. They were two members of the Blue Collar Band, Joe on guitar and Phil on horns.

We will definately be back.

Date of visit: January 2013
A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I grew up going here with my dad!

Thank A Tripadvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Oriole Cafe? Share your experiences!