“Great little dive bar in Berea”
Review of Oriole Cafe

Oriole Cafe
Ranked #27 of 50 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I was a little skeptical when my dad brought me in to this place for lunch, but was pleasantly surprised. My wife had the fish, which she really liked (and she's REALLY picky about her fish), I had a Buffalo Burger which was good. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have any Great Lakes beers available, but being a Sunday maybe they got drank out of them over the weekend. Our server was extremely friendly. Overall a good place if you are near the airport or Browns training camp.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Decent local bar.....nice atmosphere...bar food is good....fun place to start the night and have a couple...

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank joeb0711
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I hope I'm not out on this one. I recently heard that the last owner had sold the place and it's under new owners. I hope they take it back to what it was a few years ago. This place had the best Chicken Paprikash in the area. Last time there, it became a college burger place with under age drinking. You'll have to try it to see which way it is now. I'm not going back till I hear it's OK again.

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 19 November 2014

We met up with my bro-in-law & sister-in-law after participating as exhibitors at the I-X Center Fabulous Food Show with our lil' company, Chef William Creations. Starved and ready to relax, we found them already there in a big booth with wings already ordered. The wings there are great (both sauce & texture), but what I was most excited about was Great Lakes Christmas Ale on tap! As a former Clevelander, I miss this delicious seasonal ale! All of our dinners were memorable. My burger (smothered in blue cheese) was amazing. The perch dinner, ribs, and bison burger were all perfectly done...OH, and did I mention homemade pierogi deliciousness? The service was very friendly, the atmosphere is laid back. I love the dive bar feel, as first-timers (we WILL go back) we felt welcome and as if we "belonged". Do yourself a favor....GO!

Date of visit: November 2014
1  Thank NorrieVera
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Judging from the outside I probably would not have selected this bar/restaurant on my own, but we heard the food was excellent. Since we were in the area we decided to give it a try and sure glad we did. Atmosphere -- well, not so good, but it's a old bar/restaurant in an old house. Could use a little tidying up, though.

I had the grilled chicken spinach salad with homemade bacon dressing and it was excellent. My husband had the burger and fresh cut fries. This was a real burger -- not the fake meat or frozen ones you get at most restaurants. We were there around dinner time and it wasn't too busy on a week knight but heard since it's very close to BW college, they get a lot of college students in the evenings and week-ends for their specials.

We look forward to going back again when we are in the area.

Date of visit: April 2014

Been to Oriole Cafe? Share your experiences!