“FAMILY TREATMENT ON FIRST VISIT”
Review of Oriole Cafe

Oriole Cafe
Ranked #27 of 49 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 May 2021

WOW WOW WOW, First time visit. Boy did Holly and I discover a gem. We called ahead from the All Around Town coupon book, to say we would be there in about 30 minutes, but only took 10 and the hostess remembered Holly's name and had a table reserved for us. The first level was packed. They were having a local entertainer Steve Jochum who was terrific, find out he used to be with Wild Horses. The waitress Sarah, 4 yrs, was perfect with her timing of mussels appetizer in a luscious garlic wine sauce that were huge in their shells and served with a couple slices of garlic bread, mussels were the best in my 77 yr. Caesar salad came next, that was big enough for two of us to split. Then the Friday night specials of lake Erie perch and the prime rib that I had. The 4-5 perch were huge with their own special breading, slight taste of sourdough or could have been some Guinness, that covered a huge plate of french fries. My prime rib was cooked perfectly with a nice cup of very tasty au jus. On one wall was a popcorn machine with freshly popped corn gratis to enjoy. Besides Sarah, Susan, 15yrs, was a great help with clearing the table and suggestions for our first time visit. Prices were very very reasonable. We Will Be Back. Our experience was terrific and plan to go back with cousins and friends..

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (15)

Reviewed 29 April 2019

First time here. I had the burger and fries. Bother were very good. Nice selection of beers. They had a band that was setting up but I left before they started to play

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 4 February 2019

Found a gem to have a HUGE meal for cheap! ALL homemade, always leave needing a wheel barrow to get us to the car! Specials every week. It's kind of old, kind of a locals hangout, Kind of the best Schnitzel around! It's the size of your head served with red mashed! Always our favorite! The beer selection is probably great if you don't like the fru-fru beers like me. All in all, great bang for the buck!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 1 February 2019

I have been to The Oriole Cafe a number of the times and it is always a welcoming and friendly place to go to with family, friends or solo. My family, which some come from out-f-state, LOVE, LOVE The Oriole Cafe. My brother-in-law, who lives in Richmond, Va. loves the wings. My sister-in-law from Columbus, Ga. loves the prime rib. Plenty to choose from off of the menu. Open Mic Night on Monday, Trivia and Queen on Tuesday, half-pound burger night is Wednesday. Some of the top area performers offer music on the weekends

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 25 August 2018

The Oriole has gone through some tough times but I think these new owners are doing a great job in bringing it back to life. This used to he a hang out for the kids at BW college and I suspect it still is, but since they were just beginning to come back for the fall term, it was mostly locals that I saw last night. Anyway, I had the Lake Erie perch and it was fantastic. We've been there three times in the last month or two and each dinner was great. Congratulations to the owners, they've done a great job with this local pub, especially the new full menu and good home style cooking.
Now! If they'd only put the chicken Paprikash back on the menu (which they were famous for over the years) I'd be eating there every night.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Oriole Cafe? Share your experiences!