“nothing fancy but good food”
Review of House of Pearl

House of Pearl
Ranked #18 of 80 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 February 2015

this is in an older shopping plaza and doesn't look like much, but they have the best wonton soup and fried rice anywhere. the soup has a homemade flavor and the noodles are unlike other "fast food" type Chinese places. My favorite is the fried rice. it's also not like any other restaurant's. They don't try to fill it with peas and carrots, which do not belong in fried rice if you ask me. my family has been coming here for over 30 years and the staff is friendly and rarely is the food lacking.

Reviewed 10 February 2015

The place is in a plaza and is not that inviting. The staff is not friendly and the food is just o.k. It is a little pricey. You can do better elsewhere.

1  Thank vinyl45s
Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

Really enjoyed lunch here. Quick service and always ready to refill drinks. Lunch portions were as big as dinner, and food quality was very good. Fresh and tasty! Comfortable dining room too.

Great find in Brunswick.

Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

We decided to try something different on New Year's Eve this year, so we went to this restaurant. The restaurant was very busy and the staff was literally running in between the tables. This was very annoying to have someone constantly running past your table. We started our meal with hot tea, or so we thought. At first sip it tasted and smelled like dirty water. That should have been a sign of how our meal was about to go. We told our waitress and she brought out a new pot and clean cups. This time it had a tea flavor. My husband ordered a Subgum Wonton with the complete meal side, which included wonton soup barbecued rib and an egg roll. I ordered Moo Shu pork with a complete meal side. The one time barbecue rib and a girl came out within a reasonable time and each tasted very good. However our meal took over one hour and a half to come out from the kitchen. There were people that came in after us and they were almost finished with their meals by the time my husband was served. When you order food as a couple you would expect the meals to come out together. Our fried rice came out and balls at the same time however my husband's meal came out about 15 minutes later. My meal came out 20 minutes after my husband's meal came out. I took the lid off of my main dish and to my surprise I had a huge mound of cabbage and had to search for very thin slices and diced pieces of pork. I called the waitress over and showed her that I barely had any pork. She took the spoon and had to dig through the mound of cabbage to show me that there was pork in my dish. Needless to say it was getting very late already so we asked for takeout boxes packed our food and left. I understand it was New Year's Eve and they were extremely busy but we waited far too long for our meal when compared to others that came in at the same time and were seated at the same time as us. Although our waitress was very friendly and apologetic, we will never return to this restaurant I again. nor would I recommend this restaurant to our family and friends. I usually don't write reviews nor do I ever think of writing a negative review but I felt compelled to write, as this was such a huge disappointment. I give this restaurant a one star only because I had to I feel it does not deserve even one star!

Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

About once every one or two months, I find myself ordering Chinese food from House of Pearl. My order tends to lean towards a combination dinner of one type or another, only because it can feed the two of us, and still have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. I have never received a bad meal from House of Pearl, ever. One dinner for two people -- my kind of place.