“visit with my daughter”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We checked into the hotel at 4:30 pm.My daughter and I were taking a long needed mini vacation,and we were planning on using this hotel as a base for 2 nights.Check in went smoothly.The problem started when we opened up the door to our room.It reeked of a foul smell,at first we could not identify it, but it seemed to smell as mold with a heavy cover up of some type of perfume cleaning product.I am sensitive to mold,and had I stayed I am sure I would have ended up in an emergency room.We went down to the front desk and explained our problem and asked for a different room,they said they were sold out.We knew we could not stay in this room,so we scrambled to find other lodging.We were able to find a nice room at the state lodge up the road.Although the lodge room was $360 for 2 nights,at least we could breathe.The people at the front desk were nice and refunded our deposit,This hotel has a problem.We also smelled a high concentration of chlorine in the hall,because we were 2 doors down from the indoor pool.I have read some other reviews and have found 3 that described the same problem.A bad start to our vacation,but I do not know how to keep this from happening again.

Room Tip: if the hotel has had construction has it been from moldy rooms with a perfume cover up
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently completing our Move to Modern Comfort Inn brand-wide upgrade. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cambridge, OH while passing through. I arrived after 10pm, but check in was quick, and the staff member was friendly. I had a suite, on the second floor, which had an excellent large, strong, and adjustable jetted tub, and they graciously provided complimentary items (in the suites) like water bottles, two cans of soda, and popcorn! I also liked the lemon water in the lobby, as well as coffee, and tea. I must have missed the cookies!

The room itself was nice, seemed renovated with newer lighting fixtures with plugs, and other items. The hotel itself is an older property but seemed renovated and was clean.

My issues started in the morning while at breakfast. Breakfast itself was okay, I liked the chocolate waffles, and the egg was okay. There was a reasonable amount of items to chose from.

The older front desk male staff member approached another guest and I at breakfast and reported that at 11am, they were replacing a water pipe, and water would not be available. I had to scramble a bit to shower and get into the filled jetted tub for 11am after having breakfast. Ironically I don't think the water stopped working before noon. He asked us for our room #'s so he didn't have to call us to tell us again. Perhaps that contributed to an uncomfortable issue below...

So while I was scrambling to try and get in the shower before 11am, a housekeeper knocked at my door (despite a do not disturb sign), so I tried to get dressed quick to answer, and she walked in, and saw me completely undressed! I told her I was leaving at noon (check out time) and she abruptly left. Later in the hallway, she apologized profusely, and told me she was told I had checked out. Therefore I can't blame her entirely, and accepted her apology, but blame the front desk staff more for telling her I left when I didn't! That obviously made me feel uncomfortable.

Besides that issue in the morning, my stay was fine, the room was clean, bed was comfortable, and I loved the extras in the suite. I would consider staying here again in the future if I ever pass through but please improve staff communication!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Superb accommodations, close to Restaurants, good variety at breakfast!

Lee and manager,Meghan went out of their way to help print a ticket for me. My cousins and I spread out our photos and maps,met in the lobby and the staff just smiled. I love the lemon water and cookies every day. No better place to stay in Cambridge!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our accommodations and were able to spend quality time with your family. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This was a great hotel. They had wonderful lemon water to drink, chocolate chip cookies, and a wonderful breakfast. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was awesome and it was. Rooms were clean and beds were nice and cozy. We will stay here again. Ask for the cookies! they are delicious!

Stayed: June 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing Comfort Inn-Cambridge! Your compliments on our clean and cozy hotel and helpful staff are appreciated by the entire team. The fresh-baked cookies are indeed delicious!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

We almost always travel with our small dog. Often, even when paying extra, the rooms we get are not the best. This was such a pleasant experience. We were given a first floor room, close to an exit which makes it easier to take the dog outside. The room was perfect. There were so many TV channels to choose from that I watched three movies! The beds were very comfortable and the shower was heavenly. I like having the sink separate from the rest of the bathroom. I cannot recommend this place highly enough if you are traveling with a pet. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Hotel is close to restaurants, gas stations, and main highways. I will find reasons to travel this way just so I can stay there again! A special thank you to Lee.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet M

Thank you for taking the time to share your complimentary feedback! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay at our pet-friendly hotel. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!