“Excellent Dinners and Drinks”
Review of Bistro 185

Bistro 185
Ranked #129 of 1,929 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Neff Road
Transit: In front of restaurant.
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We had four adults, one of whom eats vegan, and everyone had great dinners and drinks. This is our second time at the restaurant. We went once before and thought we got lucky, but when you can bring friends and everyone has a good experience, that's saying something. We tried their various specialty drinks. All were excellent. Our vegan gal had the vegan mac and cheese. She loved it. I tried it and thought is was delicious too. My husband got the salmon which was fresh and done perfect. We all enjoyed the brussel sprouts for an appetizer. They were excellent and we've tried them at a lot of different places. These were perhaps the best we've ever had. Another friend got the braised short-ribs and she loved them (I did too). I got the fresh grilled fish special of the evening and it was delicious and again cooked perfect. We went for my birthday and could not have been more pleased. Our waitress was nice and service was good.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Sllooooow, even when not busy. Staff poorly trained or clueless, not sure. Fish fry was greasy, a sign that they are not changing out their fry oil as they should. Food served was not what was on the menu. I should have turned around and walked out when I noticed that the place was almost empty on a Friday night.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 26 March 2018

It has been a while since last I visited. There is new ownership. I am happy to tell you that we had a wonderful evening. Our server, Jess, was pleasant and accommodating. We, four of us, each had a well poured drink, followed by a fresh, crisp salad. Our main courses came out promptly and were delightful. Unfortunately, we did not have room for the tempting desserts. The surroundings, as usual, were neat and clean and the booths allowed us to have a conversation without shouting. For sure, we will be back.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We work about a 10 minute drive away and come a couple of times a year for lunch. They are usually crowded although you can get a table. But there seems to be only one waitress handling all the tables so service is not that good. The menu has a wide selection and although it mentions asking your server about vegan or gluten-free options, they really do not have anything vegan unless you count leaving the cheese off a salad-which doesn't make much of a meal. The menu claims they have gardein but I've only been able to get that once so not too impressed with the offering. Today my co-worker ordered the fish fry special (it was a Lenten Friday). The fish was mushy-not sure if it soaked up too much oil or what but it sure did not look appetizing and he didn't eat it all. One would expect the day's special to be good.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

My husband and I have been eating at Bistro 185 for years and have introduced many of our friends to this restaurant. It is a great place to meet friends for dinner and drinks and enjoy good food in a casual atmosphere. Last weekend we met some friends for dinner and since we were early we started with drinks on the 'new' outdoor patio. The service was great and they checked on us several times. For dinner we were seated at a large booth in the back corner that allowed us privacy and comfort to sit and visit with our friends. We started with appetizers of deviled eggs and the cheese platter. Both were plentiful and delicious. Next I had the beet and goat cheese salad. It would have to say the salad was fair in comparison to others I have eaten. It was hard to find the beets and cheese in all the greens! My husband had the wedge salad and had no complaints. We all ordered different entres for dinner and all loved them. I had the lamb chops, my husband had the ribeye and our friends had scalops and veal. The service was great and the chef even paid our table a visit to ask how everything was. You can't go wrong at Bistro 185!

Been to Bistro 185? Share your experiences!