“Consistantly great food”

Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The only think keeping this from a 5-star review is the service setup. The food and drink runners are SLOOOOOOOOOW, and servers that aren't busy don't take a lot of initiate to get food off the line and to the tables. Great food, friendly people, worth checking out.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I've been going to Tommy's for at least 40 years. And with the exception of perhaps 4 or 5 times, I've always ordered the same things because they make it better than I could.
I stopped there a several days ago because my daughter called on her way into town and gave me their take-out order. She lives over 900 miles from here and Tommy's was her first choice.
A few days ago several family members gathered at Tommy's for a mini-reunion; we were seated at the very back of the first floor. Food was great as always, service excellent as always. BUT the noise level was so bad that we couldn't hear each other across the table. This is not an unusual occurrence in the back of this location because of the open 2nd floor and lack of any acoustical dampening. The noise rolls across you in what feels like ever increasing waves. That is my one and only issue with this restaurant.
BTW, I ordered something I'd never ordered at Tommy's before and it was wonderful.
The missing star is for the acoustics and has nothing to do with food or service.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My husband and I dined often at Tommy's in the 70's. Yes, 45 years later we are still vegetarian and stop in for our same favorite sandwiches, the Wildflower and a Falafel with vegetables and a plate of Baba Ganoush with pita. The service is always friendly, courteous, and fast! We know what to expect and always enjoy eating the same there since we are vegetarian.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I have eaten at Tommy’s many times and the food is always excellent, but on this visit, poor service ruined the meal. We placed a large carry out order of burgers, corned beef sandwiches and shakes. After I arrived and paid, I waited for 15 minutes before realizing that the food had been prepared by the time I arrived, but the staff had not bagged it for me while they attended to other orders. After they finally packaged the meals for me, I noticed that one of the made-to-order meals had not been made correctly. It took another 10 minutes for them to fix this mistake. By this time, all of the other food had gotten cold, and it had been about an hour since we originally placed the order. Although the counter staff was nice and apologetic, they completely mishandled this order and seemed to prioritize other customers’ orders rather than our already-delayed order. Waiting for an hour for carry out and getting cold food really ruined what we anticipated would be an enjoyable meal.

1  Thank William A
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I had an acute case of achalasia (swallowing disorder). I was released by the doctor to eat anything I wanted. My wife and I discovered Tommy’s. A great place and atmosphere. We ordered 2 Reubens and milkshakes. Wow what a treat after being on a soft diet for 2 months.
The Reubens were huge and we had to get a “to-go” box. The milkshakes were unbelievable. If I lived near Cleveland Tommy’s would be a regular place to dine.