“The Long Good Bye to an institution”
Review of Fisher's Tavern - CLOSED

Fisher's Tavern
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 23 December 2015

If you didn't already know, Fisher's Tavern has been sold. The current structure will be revamped and rehabbed to house a BBQ themed restaurant. Although I look forward to a new place, it is with some sadness I say good bye to an old friend. I have been dining here for 35+ yrs, had an underage beer or two, and plenty of great hamburgers! Now the salads and fish and chips are good too, but the Burger reigns. Many patrons were coming in to close out the day, holiday work week and the end of an era last night. I am told they will remain open until about February when the rehab will commence. I say grab a few friends from the neighborhood over the holidays and have last supper in the place, 80 years in the making.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

Quaint atmosphere, outside porch, bar inside. Had their burger it was very good, will go back again. Older clean establishment, nice for couples and groups.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Solid basics, but not memorable. A good standby. You won't get a bad meal, but won't be wowed by anything either. I would return.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Located in a converted house, there is a nicely stocked bar, outdoor dining on the deck or of course inside. A variety of food is available for a reasonable price. The staff is friendly and we have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 13 August 2015

It was a lovely summer evening and the boyfriend talked me into dining outside at Fisher's I balked as my experiences there have been on the negative side (a menu that hasn't changed in 30 years, an inexperienced wait staff, and a chef who can't make a medium hamburger). I stopped going there for the past five years...outdoor dining or not. Guess What? The same experience. Requested a 'pink in the middle' salisbury steak with fries. I got a hard cooked hamburger and broccoli on the side. Save your $$, don't waste your time ... there are dozens of other lovely places to dine outdoors that know how to cook or make the customer feel welcome. They won't see us back and I plan to tell as many people as I can about the lousy food, experience, etc.