“Pretty good wurst”

Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had won a gift certificate for this restaurant at the German-American club we belong to. We are big fans of German food and Das Schnitzel Haus did not disappoint. I enjoyed the wurst platter with red cabbage and German potato salad. The potato salad was some of the best I have had and loved the sausages. Meals are served with some great warm bread and of course washed down with a cold dark German bier. Service was good. I liked the ambiance. I almost felt like I was in a restaurant in Deutschland and I can say that I have done that!

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Really hate to say bad things but OMG slowwwwww service mussels where fishy smelled bad they did take off the bill sausages was over cooked. Bread was awesome very disappointed Waitress new that food was crap she was very nice

goran d, Owner at Das Schnitzel Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have a manager on duty all the time. Please feel free to ask for the manager next time you experience any issues. We will try our best to make your experience the best. Thank you visiting us.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Excellent Authentic German food and excellent service. Good people and lunch specials. I LOVE Schnitzel and Spatzels, and potato salad.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

The food is unbelievable at this gem of a restaurant. The Hungarian Cabbage rolls are as good as my grandmother's and rival cabbage rolls I've eaten in Budapest! Egészségedre!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

For a city with its fair share of Eastern European cuisine, it was good to discover this neighborhood restaurant during a recent trip.

Being around for 10 years indicates the popularity of the place. Service is friendly and efficient. Prices are reasonable. The selection of German beers is impressive. At a recent lunch, a cup of aromatic cabbage soup, accompanied by some very good bread, was a fine way to get started. My pork naturschnitzel was a quality piece of meat, save for a small portion of connective tissue that might easily have been trimmed by the kitchen. The spaetzel was good, though nothing special. But the mushroom gravy was the real winner – full of flavor and seasoned perfectly.

It's always exciting to see roast duck on a menu. It's apparently a popular item and one I will try on a return visit. The same goes with the sauerkraut balls and the massive servings of apple and cherry strudel.

Because Tripadvisor continues to deny half-star increments, I rated this restaurant a 3. A 4 would be generous but a 3 1/2 would be perfect.