“Cleveland is spoiled by good food”
Review of Das Schnitzel Haus

Das Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #20 of 1,922 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$0 - US$19
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The local Cleveland people must be spoiled and seem to judge Das Schnitzel Haus too harshly, from seeing some of the other reviews here. For somebody who lives in the SF Bay Area and only shows up in Cleveland every so often, Das Schnitzel Haus is divine. It's nearly impossible to get the likes of Das Schnitzel Haus, Sokolowski's, etc in many other places around the country, so it is easy for me to overlook service that might seem slow for some, etc. The service is very friendly. I can't wait to see them again. I can't see how anybody gives this place a less than "very good" rating. Great German food. Great beer selection. My only criticism, with a smile, is that this place makes me gain weight!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

When my husband saw this resturant, it became a must stop. I had stuffed cabbage which was incredible...hubby had the Sausage plate, consisting of fries, German potato salad, an 3 sausages. Bratwurst, knockwurst, and hungarian sausage...he stated it was just like his grandmother made( who was german)

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Delicious, crusty bread. The Chicken Cordon Bleu, Stroganoff and Schnitzel were tender, flavorful, and plentiful portions. A little short-staffed for waitresses, but friendly service.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We held a luncheon following a funeral service, and the staff was attentive and friendly. The food was all excellent (as judged by our German family), and the Black Forest cake is divine!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We had the schnitzel which was huge and nicely crispy with a tender interior. I ordered the mashed potatoes with gravy which were good. The sauerkraut was very tasty. Prices are reasonable and the food really good.
Our server was really good and saw that we were well taken care of with our drinks and extra bread.

Been to Das Schnitzel Haus? Share your experiences!