All reviewsclub levelhorseshoe casinoladies and gentlemencuyahoga riverturn down servicetower city mallroom serviceluxury hotelfitness centerlobby barrock and roll hallcavs gamevalet parkingwarehouse districtheart of downtowncorner roomquicken loans arena
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This feels as if it was built as a top quality hotel and is being kept to a lesser standard now. The bones are high quality, but i would guess the rates don't allow the refurbishing that a top quality asset requires. I am also concerned that as the hotel is being used as a hotel for the casino that the quality of the service will suffer.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MZondo
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We spent one night at the Ritz for our anniversary, and it was an incredible experience. The lobby is beautiful and the service is incredible. The hotel had chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate waiting for us in our room, which was on the top floor. We had access to the club room, which allowed us complimentary alcohol and food almost all day. The room was immaculate and the bed very comfortable. Also a very quiet environment-- no banging doors to wake me up. The girl in the club room (Emily?? , Erica? ) gave exceptional service. Also loved that the Ritz is connected to the casino (which is gorgeous, by the way). Can't say enough about this property. Only complaint (of course, there has to be something, right?) is that for this $, I would think wireless would be free. But that's it-- the rest was outstanding. I would definitely suggest the Ritz for a special occasion for anyone.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Ritz anyway, check out the club room privileges package. It might be worthwhile for you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E G
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at the hotel complimentary from a Casino offer. We were expecting nothing but the best at a Ritz-Carlton. When we arrived for valet service, we were quickly greeted by friendly attendants. Our name was asked and as we walked away we could hear the attendant calling ahead to let the desk know that we were arriving and what we were wearing so that we could be identified when we approached. However, I'm not sure who he had called because when we stopped at the lobby desk to check in, they had no idea who we were. Needless, they checked us in and told us where to find the casino, restaurant, and other areas of interest.
We were given a room on the 9th floor with a partial view of the lake. The room was very clean and comfortable for the most part. I was a little surprised that although very clean, the room appeared a little dated in its decor. After traveling more frequently lately, we also noticed that the rooms are not set up with charging stations or outlets near the bedside. Overall, we were very pleased with the hotel and will probably be staying there again soon (as my husband is a patient of a Cleveland Clinic doctor).
One item to note- the shopping "mall" that is connected to this hotel is somewhat run down and filled with stores I'd never heard of. It is also very confusing to navigate (as we found out one evening trying to return to the hotel from inside the mall). Security seems to be adequate, but I wouldn't wander around the mall or the surrounding area too much late in the evening.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We stayed one night, comped by Harrah's. It was a bit confusing when we got there as check in is several floors up. Out room was a few more floors up then to the "basement" only to find ourselves in a mall with hallways connecting to Harrah's casino. All in all, it was lovely and close to the casino. Another weird thing was there was no pop machine or vending machines on any of the hotel floors, which is fine if you know in advance. Ice yes, food/pop no.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Went to Cleveland for the first time in late July to catch the Tigers / Indians series. Me and a buddy decided to go since I was comped by the Horseshoe casino for 3 nights at the Ritz. As far as the hotel itself goes I have no issues whatsoever the room was nice, the staff was for the most part cordial and helpful. The only issue I had was on our first night as we were heading down to the casino we happen to run into the Detroit Tigers ball team as they were staying at the same hotel and we asked Prince Fielder for a picture which he was more than gracious to pose for one with me and seconds after a member of the hotel staff informs us we are not allowed to do that but in a tone that we should have known that. As if it is clearly written or explained to us upon check in obviously it is not so we found her a bit rude in her approach in telling us. What I liked was location to ball park and casino, comfy beds and overall nice hotel. As for the 4 rating I found it hard to find, I don't like having to switch elevators to get to our floor, our room was free but they go for 300+ a night and if we had paid that I may even drop it to a 3. There just was no wow factor for that kind of room price. If comped would stay again obviously but if had to pay that amount would be shopping around.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends