“terrific find on Coventry in Cleveland Hts”

Bodega Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bodega Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfield Road
Transit: The RTA and shuttle buses from University Circle area frequent Coventry rd. Local Taxis also are available.
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We live on east side of Cleveland and were unaware of this place, but friends introduced us. We loved it the first time and were back again recently. We ate on the patio both times, which we think is very nice. lots of nice plants, eclectic easy music.
menu has wide variety, including Moroccan. we recommend braised beef, paella, chicken tajine. house salad is large enough for 2. food is plentiful and very well prepared. service is friendly (altho at times a tad slow). value is good. we like this place and intend to return.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I wish I could give this place five stars, because the overall experience was delightful. The food and wine we ordered were very tasty. The drawback is that in both cases the meat was overcooked and ended up on the dry side. I had Fez chicken, which includes a lot of chicken and a lot of onions, plus many other ingredients producing a subtle blend of flavors which a marked sweet cinnamon taste., usual in a number of Moroccan dishes, but perhaps a bit sweeter than I am used to. My wife ordered "lamb mrouzia -- lamb shank braised with caramelized onions, prunes, roasted almonds, cinnamon and sesame seeds" which we both preferred. Even though the lamb shank was also a bit dry, it had a great flavor as did the complex mix of ingredients that made up the vegetable part of the dish. The restaurant is fully five-star as concerns the staff and the modern, elegant decor with Moroccan influences and a large Moroccan alcove that resembles a North African tea room. The owner was extremely friendly and personable. We will definitely go back. BTW, we each had a glass of Cotes de Gascogne white wine at $9 and it was a great accompaniment to our dishes. The total bill including 2 dishes plus wine and tax (but without the tip) was $80+. We used a web coupon and so ending up paying somewhat less. BTW, although we chose for sentimental reasons to order from the 4-6 item Moroccan specialties section of the menu, the offerings also cover the entire Western Mediterranean with dishes such as paella, cassoulet and Bouillabaisse. Note their daily specials such as tapas Tuesdays, etc. Open until 2 AM!!!

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Went here with friends after getting a certificate for the restaurant was seated quickly no one came to ask if we are ready to order appetizers and drinks then waitress tells us half the things on the menu they no longer have finally we order our food waitress didn't come back for awhile to refill our waters or ask if we wanted another drink food came out Hot I was not impressed and place was not crowded I won't be returning

1  Thank ramonlozada
Reviewed 28 March 2017

My 18year old has been bragging about this place. I was a little hesitant to try it. Then I found a Groupon that was perfect enough to try it.
When my wife and I entered the restaurant we were seated right away. We had an amazing waitress that shared suggestions with us.
Our food was amazing. I ordered the stuffed chicken. It was prepared beautifully and delicious.
I would suggest trying it out.
I would suggest that you make a reservation due to the size of the restaurant.

1  Thank ernestandtawan
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I loved the food here -- we tried some of the Moroccan specialties. The portions were huge and even though I tried to eat a good amount of my entree, my husband and I still had enough left for both of us to eat it for lunch the next day! (I also took the rest of my salad home!) The iced tea and coffee machine was broken, so we missed having those as options with our dinner and afterwards. Hopefully that is fixed by now!