“Great European food done right”

Valters at the Maennerchor
Ranked #53 of 2,355 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I've been to Valters several times and loved it each time. Valter has always come by the table to personally ask how the food is. The pork shank, Reuben, sauerkraut balls and all the sides are great. I can't wait to try more.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We found Valter back in the fall of 2016, we had just gotten engaged and love to try new restaurants. We kept coming back for the wonderful stuff he makes-spaetzle, bologna sandwiches on perfect pretzel buns, his amazing desserts, and brunch is crazy good. Each time, he was there in an apron, smiling, chatting, enjoying the atmosphere with us and making each time we visited feel like we were appreciated and valued patrons. Since we had gotten engaged and were shopping around for places for our dinner NOBODY, not people who are paid to handle larger events like this, showed us they wanted to entertain our family like Valter. After some brief shopping it was clear that literally nobody would make us a priority like he and his staff (thank you Heather!) He did so many courses that night for us, stuff that is not even on the menu. People talked about it AFTER the dinner we served them at the wedding the next night.

Now living in California, if there is one place I will stop when I visit home hands down it will be Valters for a fried bologna sandwich. No place in the 9 years I lived there came close to the consistency in making me feel like a valued customer while providing such great tasting and inexpensive meals.

I cannot say enough good things about this place or its namesake, PLEASE visit them, tell them you read about Nick and Lacey's dinner and tell Valter hello from us!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Ideal location for delicious food and friendly atmosphere. I mean look at that schnitzel. The prime rib was very tender and cooked nicely. In my opinion best sauerkraut I had on this trip. A must try, but don't just take my word try it for yourself

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We had our own room which was just as well as we were very noisy. The food was quite good but the camaraderie was better.
Probably won't come here next year.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Each plate is cooked and served with perfection. The chef takes a personal interest in each order. Very personable staff and laid-back atmosphere.