US$118
Book now, pay at stay
US$145
  • Breakfast included
US$79
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$87
The Blackwell(Columbus)
US$154
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$84
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$65
Hotwire.com
US$47
Hotels.com
All reviewsrooftop poolaveda productsvalet parkingthe concierge loungenice hotelbathroom doorper dayvalet staffhotel bartwo queen bedsshort northbusiness tripenjoyed my staylobby areathe room was niceupon checknationwide arena
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Overall not a great experience. First off, there are much better locations in Columbus. There isn't much good dining within walking distance. You are better off staying in the Short North area.

Everything else about the experience was just kind of mediocre.

-Had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The buffet was not good. I only went up once (which is rare for me). The biscuits tasted like flour. The food was barely hot. There was hardly any selection.
-The hotel seemed in disrepair. The escalator was broken the entire time we were there. Every time we walked through the lobby we had to see it.
-The valet experience was absolutely a nightmare. There is only valet parking and it is $28. They seemed severely understaffed. It took a long time to get my car and the line was so backed up that when my car came out I couldn't leave right away.
-I had a moldy wash cloth in my room. I unfortunately did not notice it was moldy until I had used it, to my horror. Very disgusting.

Positives:
-The TV is really cool. Large TV in every room with Netflix access.
-Modern bathroom. There was a cool lit mirror in the bathroom and a nice shower.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Chris F, Senior Manager - Room Operations at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Rick P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel!

Providing the highest level of hospitality, clean, and comfortable accommodations are our top priorities. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. We appreciate your feedback regarding your valet, cleanliness and dining experience; I truly understand your concerns and we are using them to continue to train and improve upon our services.

We are glad that you enjoyed our updated bathrooms and television and were able to use the Netflix feature!

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Wonderful front desk staff Ricardo assisted me with something I needed for a keynote presentation and Ted went out of his way to create a very welcoming atmosphere in the concierge in the morning. Meeting rooms are great as are the AV folks who made each presentation run smoothly. Hotel food was very good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2018

This hotel is in a great downtown location near many restaurants and very close to the statehouse. The staff was friendly throughout our trip and the room itself was comfortable. Parking is about what you pay across hotels downtown (28) and a nice fitness center. Pool was closed during our visit since it is still winter time. Only complaint is that the walls are paperthin. You can hear the shower throughout the room and any noises in the hall.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was pleased with my stay at the Renaissance Downtown. The staff were wonderful, the rooms well appointed and the location was excellent. I was especially pleased with the catered meals for the International Chiropractors Association breakfasts and breakout offerings.

The only negative was there is no restaurant for breakfast in the hotel at least at this time. It was not a problem for me this trip since breakfast was provided by my conference.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

It was a make-up Valentine’s Day weekend with the Mrs. The room was amazing and the customer service was top notch. Latitude (in-house restaurant) was amazing for breakfast. HUGE buffet. Super comfortable bed and very quiet. Location was great too.

If you have an opportunity to enjoy the parlor suite, do it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends