“Flavorful food and friendly service ”

Cafe Istanbul Mediterranean Cuisine
Ranked #82 of 2,355 Restaurants in Columbus
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I had lentil soup and zucchini pancakes. I also tasted the cheese pide. My friends had the salad with chicken, chicken pide, and chicken saute.

The food was delicious. Bread and dipping oil served while waiting was very tasty!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

There are several tempting choices along main street and this one offers an outdoor dinning option along with middle eastern choices. In for the evening we ordered take out.
We had the sultan's smokey eggplant and lamb entry and the zucchini fritters. Both excellent.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Recently made the move to vegetarian and it's tough finding a place when travelling.
Great service, very good veggie options and will be back. Food was hot, ready on time and service levels extremely good.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

I'm so glad that we decided to give this restaurant a try. We walked through the entrance and found ourselves immersed in the beautiful Turkish culture. The dining room was lovely, decorated in a traditional Turkish flair. Beautiful rugs and chandeliers adorned the walls and ceiling. There is also a beautiful display of Turkish serving platters and lamps that were actually for sale.

We were seated in a private table in the corner. And the answer was very romantic. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. Try the babaganoush-it's of the best we've ever had. We also ordered the ezme as an appetizer. It was served with this incredibly delicious bread. It wasn't pita bread it was fluffier and softer. The esme was also accompanied by the most delicious dipping oil consisting of olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes rosemary and other spices. For my main entrée, I ordered the doner and it was delicious. However, my husband's dinner was the star of the show. He ordered the kofte kebab-A mixture of both ground beef and lamb shaped into patties and cooked over a grill. Perfectly seasoned and cooked, I'd like to return tomorrow to enjoy them again. The portions were very generous and I thought the prices were appropriate. I highly recommend this restaurant. Lastly, the service was superb.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The place has an amazing quality to transport you to enjoy the cuisine in a setting that enhances your dining pleasure to the maximum!

1  Thank James T