“Excellent food, as it should be for the cost”

Barcelona Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #30 of 2,339 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jaeger Street
Reviewed 8 March 2017

We had a reservation on a Sunday evening and were seated immediately. The venue has a European vibe with uneven wooden floors and slightly peeling tin ceilings. Our server was right at hand with an extensive drink/wine/beer menu. She was helpful and attentive without pushing. We ordered from the extensive wine, beer and drink menu followed by a calamari appetizer with seafood paella, crab cake, scallops, shrimp, brussels sprouts and beef short ribs for dinner and coffee after. The atmosphere, in large part due to an excellent classical guitar player was very pleasant, not too loud and no feeling of being rushed. Every plate was very good with no exceptions. Was it a good value, I think that is an individual decision. For me one, crab cake for $12 is at the outer limits, but for the surroundings, the exceptional taste, and the relaxed pace I will return but for the happy hour specials.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

First class food and splendid bar equipped with Soccer Screens, might well have been back in the UK. All the essentials of a modern English posh 'Pub.' Excellent service in the restaurant area and looked terrific in the bar area but I was in a party and had to miss the happy hour - still a very happy couple of hours over wine and great food. Certainly going back to this one.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We love trying new places to eat. I found out about this restaurant while planning a night out for our wedding anniversary. I wanted somewhere unique and romantic. The dining room and bar are beautiful. The atmosphere was just right.

We started with a cucumber crudité and warm bread. The bread was good, but not spectacular. The cucumber crudité was unique, but it was fishy tasting and mushy. I thought it was unpleasant, but my wife said she liked it. Our first course was their version of French onion soup, Spanish style I guess. It was fantastic. I could have made a meal almost of this and a fresh salad. For the main course my wife had the pork shank and I had the seafood paella. My wife said her meal was wonderful. My paella seemed like it probably sat in the pass thru window under a heat lamp for 5-6 minutes too long. It was good and it came to the table hot but didn't appear to be at its peak. Being clams, mussels and a lobster tail the time under a heat lamp didn't improve the texture of the seafood. They were all slightly rubbery. The rice was good and the portion was large. But this wasn't a dish I would order again. Because of the portion size and the quality the dish became boring before I could finish it.

Overall the experience was wonderful. We had a nice evening, but I wasn't impressed enough to return.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We visited this German Village restaurant as the last stop on a walking tour of various food establishments. The atmosphere, service, and quality of the offerings are excellent. We will visit again soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

Amazing patio to spend summer, and warm spring and fall eveings on. Good, service, food and wine. Easy to park with their valet parking service.