“Tasty...the good reviews are spot on”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
George's Coney Island Restaurant
Ranked #766 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

This place certainly fancy, and it's off the beaten path, but the food is quite tasty. I had the coneys and they were large, with a ample amount of meat and cheese. I am looking forward to a return visit to try a gyro- if I can resist the coneys.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

My husband introduced me to George's 20 years ago and I fell in love with it as well;) best coney's I've ever had. The fried mushrooms and onion rings are pretty awesome too. The people are very nice and have watched our little ones grow up:)

2  Thank Phalcart
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a very casual place that has a large to go business. The recently moved from Georgesville Rd. and I have to say it is great to have them in Grove City. We tried many items and all of it was awesome.

1  Thank DavidB12
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have been to this restaurant for years. I have been through all the moves this restaurant has made. Nick his wife and crew are great people. If you compliment Nick he will tell you "No discount". The menu is smaller, the seating inside the restaurant is smaller, but nice and clean. If you like greek food, there are some offerings. The famous coneys are still there and very popular. The outdoor seating is available when the weather cooperates.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I lived on the Hilltop in Columbus until 1972. The George's on Broad Street was always a favorite stop for tremendous chile cheese dogs. The "new" place on Georgesville Road isn't quite the same but the food is just as good. I realize that the ingredients in a coney are not the best nutritionally, sometimes your body says "I gotta have one!" or two. You can't beat their loaded coney with chile, cheese, and chopped onions. The service is pleasantly irreverent. It is a local place and the workers are real. They are not the programmed servers you find in so many restaurants today. I just don't get to Columbus often enough to satisfy my craving for these delicious dogs.

1  Thank FLSeagull