“Perfect casual dining”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Katzinger's Delicatessen - Family owned and operated since 1984! Our sandwiches are really big - HUGE in fact. We know some of you can't eat that much so we also offer a smaller sandwich - we refer to it as Normal. All sandwiches come with a free help-yourself-from-the-pickle-barrel dill. Choose from traditional "old" or garlicky "new". And we offer plenty of freshly prepared-to-order salads and desserts to tempt you, too. You should leave Katzinger's wanting to come back again - and soon! We're very proud of our food - Black Angus corned beef prepared by Sy Ginsburg's United Meat and Deli using Sy's special secret ingredient ( many, many tons later and he still won't tell us what it is!)...Chickens raised by Amish families at Gerber Farms... Imported Emmentaler, the original Swiss cheese... Breads made especially for us and delivered daily by Mediterra Bakehouse in Pittsburgh and we hand slice every loaf... Bagels from Sammy's delivered fresh daily... Gluten free bread from Eban bakery of Grove City . Our mayo is Hellmann's. We oven roast our turkeys to moist perfection. We dress our roast beef with lots of garlic and rosemary and roast it to a beautifully pink medium rare. We marinate our brisket for 48 hours before slow roasting to fork tenderness. Our chicken, tuna and egg salads are made with memorable recipes. These are just a few of the fine ingredients we use to create the deli foods of Katzinger's Delicatissen.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The sandwiches, sides and desserts are delicious! A wonderful deli-style restaurant with giant sandwiches! I recommend only getting a half, or sharing a whole! Everything is wonderful, so you can't go wrong!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Visited here for lunch before an Ohio State game. Picked because of the great ratings and buzz. There were 6 of us that visited. I split the large reuben on pumpernickle, red skin potato salad and a lotke. All three were sooooo delicious. Others in my party tried the pickles and were not impressed by those. Everyone liked their sandwiches and the lotkes with sour cream sauce. Everyone else in my group also selected beers to drink.
It was definitely worth the high ratings and buzz. I have had a ton of fresh and homemade German and Western European food and this was some of the best I've had. If I ever go back, I'll try a dessert too. They looked great!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

If you like European homemade food or you missed your grandma culinary gems, that place is for you. Out of all sandwiches and plates on the menu I would definitely recommend you to try one which is not there – pickles, two big barrels and you can get them with your meal. Made to perfection (trust me I know what I’m talking about), crispy and not too salty. As of other cravings – chicken soup with matzeballs and of course fried liver. If you not a big fan of those delicatessen marvels, try anything on the boar, it is good, so good you will be coming back next day. Grate place to pick up lunch.
Place have small parking lot, so be aware of it.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Just minutes off I 70 we had TV show rated pastrami Reuben sandwiches with Sauer Kraut. Speedy orders, friendly and knowledgeable staff, plus inside and outside seating. This also supports a locally owned restaurant with a great take out bakery. Exceptional Reuben's and fabulous Garlic pickles.
We will return!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Fabulous little deli in German Town. It was a treat to stop in for one of their deli sandwiches. So good. Grab one of the famous pickles from the barrel. The food is delicious there, with fun staff, inside outside dining and they serve beer & desserts!