“Fantastic deli!”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Katzinger's Delicatessen - Family owned and operated since 1984! Our sandwiches are really big - HUGE in fact. We know some of you can't eat that much so we also offer a smaller sandwich - we refer to it as Normal. All sandwiches come with a free help-yourself-from-the-pickle-barrel dill. Choose from traditional "old" or garlicky "new". And we offer plenty of freshly prepared-to-order salads and desserts to tempt you, too. You should leave Katzinger's wanting to come back again - and soon! We're very proud of our food - Black Angus corned beef prepared by Sy Ginsburg's United Meat and Deli using Sy's special secret ingredient ( many, many tons later and he still won't tell us what it is!)...Chickens raised by Amish families at Gerber Farms... Imported Emmentaler, the original Swiss cheese... Breads made especially for us and delivered daily by Mediterra Bakehouse in Pittsburgh and we hand slice every loaf... Bagels from Sammy's delivered fresh daily... Gluten free bread from Eban bakery of Grove City . Our mayo is Hellmann's. We oven roast our turkeys to moist perfection. We dress our roast beef with lots of garlic and rosemary and roast it to a beautifully pink medium rare. We marinate our brisket for 48 hours before slow roasting to fork tenderness. Our chicken, tuna and egg salads are made with memorable recipes. These are just a few of the fine ingredients we use to create the deli foods of Katzinger's Delicatissen.
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I are attending a conference here in town. We were born and raised in The Bronx, NY but now live in KY. Besides missing a good slice of pizza we also miss good Jewish deli. My nice Baptist daughter in law told me about this place. It was fantastic. We ordered a corned beef and pastrami sandwich. We shared each sandwich. The meat was so good and the rye bread was incredible. We each had a knish. It's very different than a ny knish but very tasty. The pickle barrels were a treat! We washed all down with a Dr Brown black cherry cola. We will probably stop by for breakfast this weekend and we'll bring some bagels back home.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Katzinger’s never fails to please. Sandwiches are generous without being wastefully extravagant. Even though you can order one of the special combo sandwiches, standards like corned beef on rye or hot pastrami are solid choices. Bread selections are hearty and crusty. There is plenty of seating. Who doesn’t love a fresh dill or garlic pickle fresh from the barrel. As the sign invites, take what you can eat, but please don’t waste. My favorite is always the hot pastrami.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We come from a city with no good deli so we seek them out when we travel. Katzinger's is super. I loved the serve-yourself pickle barrel. I had tuna on rye (yum) and my husband had a mountain-high club sandwich (also yum). The line was long but moved fast and our food was served quickly. Two thumbs up!

1  Thank Beckykasha
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The sandwiches, sides and desserts are delicious! A wonderful deli-style restaurant with giant sandwiches! I recommend only getting a half, or sharing a whole! Everything is wonderful, so you can't go wrong!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Visited here for lunch before an Ohio State game. Picked because of the great ratings and buzz. There were 6 of us that visited. I split the large reuben on pumpernickle, red skin potato salad and a lotke. All three were sooooo delicious. Others in my party tried the pickles and were not impressed by those. Everyone liked their sandwiches and the lotkes with sour cream sauce. Everyone else in my group also selected beers to drink.
It was definitely worth the high ratings and buzz. I have had a ton of fresh and homemade German and Western European food and this was some of the best I've had. If I ever go back, I'll try a dessert too. They looked great!