“Wonderful Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Recently ate there while in Columbus. Dinner was just fantastic. My wife had fish and chips and I had the reuben sandwich. My wife's portion of fish was enough to feed two people without any trouble! Reuben sandwich was also very good and I will definitely order it on my next visit. For dessert we split a piece of rum cake. Oh my, was it good. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

This place has the feel of a neighborhood pub in German Village. My bratwurst sandwich would have been better if the sausage had been cooked whole instead of being sliced lengthwise and then grilled. Lots of sandwiches and a good variety of beers on tap.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places in Columbus and German Village. It has a nice neighborhood pub vibe. I really sitting at a table near the windows as there are usually interesting people to watch.

As for the food - very good and hearty. Today my wife had the buffalo chicken wrap with a side of potato pancakes. She ate every bite and was very satisfied. I had the Thursday special - meatloaf. I was served a mini loaf that was nicely spiced with green peppers, pimentos, and onions with some black pepper and just a few bread crumbs. I also had the potato pancakes (light and fluffy) and green beans.

For dessert, my wife had lemon cake. This had lemon pudding for filling and lots of powdered sugar on top. It was good. I had a piece of peanut butter chocolate cake. This was dark chocolate cake with chunky peanut butter icing - so good.

We visit the Old Mohawk several times a year and always enjoy it.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

Decent food offerings, their signature sandwich is a confusing taste: roast beef and chicken salad together! Fast service.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We went on a Sunday for lunch on our way back home. They have a large menu with many options, which was nice. My husband ordered the fish & chips, which he thought was good. I ordered the pesto chicken sandwich which consisted of grilled chicken breast with bacon, provolone cheese, pesto, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce and tomato on an onion roll. Sure sounded tasty, but it was so flavorless! How can pesto taste bland? I mean even the bacon was bland. Very odd. If I lived in the area, I would give it another go and try something else.