“Disappointing Visit”

Columbus Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbus Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 2,342 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Based on ratings, we decided to try the Columbus Fish Market. Maybe we came on a bad night, although I would hope this place does not have too many bad Fridays. The menu seems slightly overpriced but we dove in. The appetizer (Lobster Crab Dumplings) tasted very fishy and had little other flavors. My wife got the stuffed flounder and again it had a very strong fishy flavor with the stuffing being too bland to offset it. My entree was an extremely tough piece of tuna seared rare but I needed a knife to pull it apart. It really disturbed me that the best flavors for the meal came from the desert.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The last time I went to this restaurant was some 5 years ago. What happened to this place? This time, a foul smell permeated from the bathroom as soon as we entered the restaurant. Food was average and overpriced, and the service barely acceptable. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We dined here recently before attending an NCAA final four basketball game, and were pleased by the good quality food, friendly service and pleasant decor. Incorporating a fresh fish market, the extensive menu is heavy on seafood items. Two of my companions ordered a crab cake and shrimp dish, while I ordered crab-stuffed shrimp, so our experience is limited to those two species. But everyone found the quality excellent, and would recommend this Landry property to someone looking for quality seafood in a relaxing atmosphere. We made reservations ahead, and from the many patrons already seated when we arrived think that is prudent.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Very good seafood and service. Somewhat on the pricey side but to be expected for this type of restaurant. Lots of parking which is good but not near too much. I had the scallops which were decent; they were similar to what you find in other higher end seafood restaurants. Good service but still lacks something to make it exceptional and five stars. Maybe next time.

1  Thank TimothySpring
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

By far the best fish in this Midwest market. Servers are fair. Not many care. Desert can be excellent. Key Lime is super although sometimes they serve old pie. You can tell it has been sitting around by the consistency.

Been to Columbus Fish Market? Share your experiences!