“Good food cooked your way......”

Bd's Mongolian Barbeque
Ranked #263 of 2,342 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 12 August 2017

My brother took us to this place. Food was good....you pick everything...meat, veggies and sasses. It was a little confusing to a first timer....but I just followed those in the know and got what I wanted. Waiting for your selection to be cooked was part of the 'show' The huge round grille is always being tended by a number of cooks. Once your meat and veggies are cooked they bring you rice, lettuce leafs and tortillas. The food was good and getting to pick just what you like is great.......it is not cheap at $80+ but not a bad value.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent franchise. Genuine. The cooks dance to the music while cooking.
Genuine do it yourself meals

Reviewed 9 August 2017

First time I was at this location, was with a school group and for the evening meal in Feb 2016. The guys working the grill were amazing! They put on quite a show, and chanted almost non-stop the entire time. I decided this was where I wanted my birthday dinner -- plus I thought my hubby would enjoy it.

We finally went in August 2017 (5 months late!) and used the on-line reservation. I assumed it would be busy since it was on a Saturday in a mall area. Surprise!! There were quite a few empty tables but then realized they didn't open until 11:30 am and it was only 1 pm. Our waitress was absolutely wonderful! We never even had a chance to ask for extra napkins, refills, -- they magically appeared at our table. The food was fine, and since you pick what you want, no complaining allowed. There is a small salad bar area but I didn't see many people getting salad. But quite a few used items to top their dishes, especially the shredded cheese. We all choose the Multiple bowl option, which gave multiple trips. For all of us, 2 trips were more than enough.

The first area of food options contains the noodles, and meats (pork, beef, chicken, beef tips, and I think shrimp). The second area has all sorts of veggies to choose, including water chestnuts and eggs to add to the bowl. The final area was the sauces and there are a lot to choose. Most have the type of meat best matches the sauce. Then it is your turn for your food to be cooked. Everyone is assigned a number at the bar around the grill, where you hand your bowl to the person in charge. The meat is separated from the veggies by the grillers, using the long knives. Once the meat is cooked and chopped, the eggs and sauces are added to the final few minutes of cooking. Your meal in then handed back to you on a platter.

My only real disappointment was with the crew working the grill. No chanting, no singing, no showmanship displayed the entire time. Not sure if they were a crew still learning the cooking routine or since it was lunch and not a full house, they didn't bother. So much for telling my hubby how he would like to watch the crew while the food was cooked. Especially disappointing since it was a 2 hours drive to get there. Though I would still go back, I doubt that we will make a special trip to eat there, or make it an evening meal.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Good food and a unique experience, but... It's really noisy - don't come here on a first date or if you're up for a conversation. The cleanliness needs improvement, too. It's such a busy place they have a hard time keeping up. High point - one of the cooks was a talented showman who added to the fun.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The whole family can eat here. The success are clearly marked to alert allergies. They have a special grill in the back for vegan or gluten free. Unlimited salad is a great bonus. A very pleasant experience.