“Good arepas”

Arepazo Tapas Bar and Grill
Ranked #167 of 2,301 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Food is tasty, friendly service and the best Salsa music blasting in Columbus. Reasonable prices. I was told that they have live music sometimes. I'd love to hear some live latin music, watch soccer and drink good South American wine.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Very good restaurant. Went for the first time with co-workers today. Everyone really liked the restaurant. Very unique food. I tried the Columbian Sweet Corn Cake dish with pork, it was incredible. I highly recommend the pork, it's really flavorful and delicious. I'd definitely go back to this restaurant!!! Service was wonderful as well.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Awesome South American/Spanish restaurant. Service was excellent, the food was not only great, but authentic. The dishes were just like I had when I was in South America. A great place to take your girl for some tapas and sangria. And the downtown location is very cool. On the weekends you can park in back for free. No need for reservations yet, but that will change as word gets around.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for drinks and dinner before a show at Shadowbox Live and were glad we did. This place serves South American food, both as tapas and entrees. Lots of rice, black beans, shredded meat in various forms. The meats are seasoned very well and taste like they slow-cooked for hours. The spices are complex, with less heat than with Mexican foods. They also have fried plantains which are just sweet enough, and fried just to the point of starting to carmelize. That alone sets it apart from most places, but their arepas are really what does it. They are corn-based bread that is often used as a bun in Venezuelan or Columbian street food. They have many sandwich options using it and also have arepitas, miniature fried versions served with some of their entrees. I had the Pabellon Criollo, which was line a sampler...shredded beef, rice, black beans, plantains and arepitas. It was just the right amount and delicious. I suggest hitting happy hour M-F, 5-7. $5 drinks (many tropical-themed) and a good selection of$5 tapas. The two of us each had two mixed drinks and an entree for not much more than $40. Service was a bit slow, particularly considering we were on the early end of happy hour, but we'll be back.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We were able to experience delicious dishes that we had not encountered before even with traveling to Central and South America. It was wonderful not to have the dishes 'Americanized". We will definately return when we go back to Columbus.

1  Thank Ray-n-Sol