“Cool, modern hotel in good location...”
Review of The Lofts Hotel

The Lofts Hotel
Ranked #81 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We chose this hotel because of it's unique character and also because it was a good location for the things we wanted to do in the Short North area. We had no problems with reserving the room online and check-in was a breeze. Even though our room was above the street, I didn't hear any traffic at night and the bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and I loved that they provide Aveda toiletries. I honestly can't think of anything negative except that I don't think they provide a continental breakfast but we had no intentions of eating there anyway since we had access to all the cool cafes in Short North. I recommend using the valet since you are allowed to take your car in and out as much as you like for 24 hours for a flat rate. I think there is a parking deck around the corner but I heard it charges you each time you leave and return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 May 2012

We asked specifically for a quiet room and were given a room on the second floor. It was okay on the Friday night because we didn't get to the room until midnight. On Saturday night we tried to go to bed at 10 but could not because of thumping music from an event on the 2nd floor of the Crowne Plaza which joins this hotel by an indoor bridge on the second floor. Also our room was situated directly over the bar and the outdoor patio which was very noisy. The room next to us had a least 5 if not more teenage girls in it who slammed the door for hours. You would think for $179.00 per night that you would keep away the young party people but no (may be they like the extra large room size). When I complained they happily refunded one night but that didn't fix how tired we were the next day.

Room Tip: It is directly across the street from the convention center. Ask for a room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank carolartist12345
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Entered my room towards late afternoon it was 80 degrees and a/c blowing hot! Toilet was running. Room was dark, little lighting. Turned down a/c went to dinner returned three hours later and still hot! So dark in room had hard time reading thermostat. Called maintenance sent someone up who said this is a water system not your typical home system and they have been having troubles with it throughout the building for sometime. (so why not fixed by now?). Had to wait an hour to move into a another room being "cleaned" at 10:30 pm at night with a early morning business meeting the next day. Not a pleasant stay. Front desk clerk was wonderful and kind but hotel not up to standards. Also hotel caters more to men than women. Bathroom only has a pedestal sink no vanity. Would be my last resort to stay when I return to Columbus.
P.S. Hotel never reduced my bill or made any accomodation for the inconvenience. Not good customer service practices.

Room Tip: The rooms are not well suited for women travelers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

If looking to escape suburbia this is the place to do it in columbus. I live in central ohio and love going out to the bars/restaurants in Cbus but contending with the time and expense of cab rides or town cars is occasionally a pain. To round out an evening out at hockey game/concert at nationwide or just bar hopping through the short north this location is perfect. Add to that the hotel itself is incredibly cool in an urban renewal kind of way: exposed brick, venting, large warehouse windows, black and white tiled bathrooms mixed with sleek leather couches and flat screen televisions...the staff is young and vibrant and check in/out a breeze. There is flat top parking around the area or you can valet with the crowne that shares the breezeway between the hotels...I can't speak to the room service or the cleaning staff as I only ever stay here one night at a time, but with the attention to detail everywhere else I imagine you couldn't be disappointed!! Love it here..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed overnight at this hotel while on a business trip. The hotel is a converted warehouse and it has a modern, industrial feel to it. My room had exposed brick walls and pipes and vents in the ceiling. The room had a sitting area, 2 TVs, 2 nice beds with nice linens, and a nice bathroom. The hotel is connected to the Crowne Plaza hotel and guests can use all the amenities of that hotel. I was allowed to check-in early and the staff was very helpful on several occassions that I had questions. I will definitely return for a weekend of fun with my husband since this hotel is in a great location to see and do many things in downtown Columbus!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business