All reviewsthe crowne plazaboutique hotelconverted warehousearena districtl'occitane productsroom serviceinteresting buildingsmall lobbyvalet parkingnationwide blvdbreakfast buffetsitting roomdowntown columbusthin wallstwo blockswork spacethe short north area
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Lofts Hotel is a stylish 44-room boutique hotel in a converted warehouse built in 1887. We had a spacious room that was clean and well appointed with nice lighting and a desk large enough for two laptops. The bed and linens were comfortable. And you could not hear a peep from any of the adjacent rooms.

We loved the bathroom and shower, but I will say that the towels could be softer.

The only other mild complaint is that we had a room at the back of the hotel looking at a parking garage.

Otherwise, we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is smack dab in the middle of the convention district. It's a block from the city's main thoroughfare, High Street, and within a 12-minute walk to the Short North district.

There's a Max & Erma's casual restaurant in the building and the Lofts offers room service breakfasts.

We were impressed with the historic restoration of this building and the design style of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front looking north.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Rebecca G, Director of Sales at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The Lofts Hotel! A true treasure of a historic building converted to a modern hotel. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in Columbus.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Located next to the convention center and Nationwide building and within walking distance of Nationwide arena. A little bit longer walk but nice and certainly doable takes you to the Short North area with all of its restaurants! The hotel itself has a very nice bar/grill -- very good food. The room we had was very large -- probably due to this being a conversion of an old building. Everything in the room was clean and working. However, there was no one working the 'front desk' if you can call it that. Instead everyone had to walk across to the hotel next door to get checked in. That was the situation when we checked in on Sunday and was still the situation when we checked out on Monday. That's a dreadfully slow process not to mention frustrating. The lobby area is totally unstaffed so what the security in the hotel is was a little sketchy. The public areas weren't as clean as you'd expect in a decent hotel. We would probably stay there again although it might be a 50-50 call and that's what this hotel needs to consider. Sounds like most of the reviews are along these lines and they're losing repeat business. Remember that this is a convention area so there are many, many choices. Also, parking was very expensive (its Columbus OH, not Manhattan!) and wifi was free but slow or costly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. This will help us improve for our future guests. Thank you for staying at The Lofts Hotel while in Columbus!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We stayed at the Lofts in July, 2017 - agree that the rooms were extremely clean - I did not feel that our room on 2nd floor or floors needed updating - what is unbelievably filthy is the connecting Crowne Plaza - I have never seen such a filthy hotel - dirt visibly noticeable in hallways by all conference rooms. Paper cups all over. No security in the hotel at all - anyone can walk in to Lofts and we had to check in at dirty Crowne Plaza. yuk. It's clear there's a disconnect between hotel standards. very sad.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BFitzpatrick33, Front Office Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the Lofts Hotel. We take cleanliness very seriously on both hotels and I do apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations. I have shared your review with our housekeeping team and they join me in saying thank you. I can assure you that ownership is planning on face lifting the hotel in the near future and we would love to have you back. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and should you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed for three nights while attending a trade show across the street at the Columbus Convention Center. Very convenient for attending the show. Hotel is attached to the Crowne Plaza and I was told is owned by the same company. Would have been nice to get points. The reception lady said, "They're working on it." Building is old and historic on the outside, modern warehouse chic on the inside. Standard room was huge but kind of wasted the space. I liked the closet with large safe and hanging cubicles for clothes. Room had just one small window so was dark a good part of the day.

My main complaint with my room was the really bad internet signal. I was at the end of the hall and could see that the wireless access point was way far away. I got only one bar most of the time connected, but that kept coming and going. When I got a signal it was so weak that I clocked the speed at 1.5Mpbs. That's easily the worst I've ever experienced at a modern-day hotel. These days, a strong, fast and free wireless signal is imperative for me and other travelers who need to get work done.

Facilities of the hotel next door were open to us at The Lofts but none of us used them. The on-site Max & Erma's restaurant/bar was a nice convenience. Breakfast buffet for $14.95 was OK but could have used a few more choices.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I'd ask for a room closer to the wireless router.

Room Tip: Closer to the elevator gets you a better Wi-Fi signal.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent stay experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the plush and uniqueness of the Lofts Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the wireless Internet signal during your stay. I can assure you that it was an isolated case and our Internet is working fine. Ownership is planning on making some significant changes to our hotel in the near future and awarding points to our guest could be one of our numerous incentives. It is our hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place has nice pictures on the internet, but don't let that fool you. The checking in lobby is nasty! Dirty cups on the floor, the carpet is nasty, the place is smells like wet dog. I am from Miami and I used to high towers and nice views. So I have requested to be on the highest level. I clearly stated I would love a nice view. I guest I was I had the worse luck. They dumped me on the 2nd floor. No view. No one acknowledged or apologized for the reason why my request could be not be granted. Valet charge 25 per night but when you need your car, they were no where to be found. The lofts lobby smells like roaches. Housekeeping is the one that did a great job! The bathroom was clean and nice towels. Bravo For the housekeeping team!!!! I was supposed to be there for 2 nights, but I checked out on my first night. They can Invite me back when they get that place renovated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandy E
BFitzpatrick33, Front Office Manager at The Lofts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team joins me in saying thank you! The Lofts Hotel surely do need a bit of a face lift but I can assure you that it is not run down. Due to our peak season, it is difficult to guarantee every guest request. Ownership is planning on a major renovation in the very near future and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you soon.