“If I was Italian, this is how I would want it to be.”

Lola & Guiseppe's Trattoria
Ranked #10 of 2,357 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I love to visit Mom & Pop restaurants and prefer them to the chain restaurants. You won't find a lot of frills here. It is a small, somewhat crowded with dated Italian decor restaurant. What you do get is a greeting from Lola and/or Guiseppe as if you are a long lost relative (every time!) and great Italian food. There will most likely be a line outside the door waiting for a table on the weekend. Don't let that scare you, most of the available space in the restaurant is used for seating and the kitchen. I have learned if there is a special dessert that night make sure you order it along with your meal because once the special sells out you are out of luck. I have never had a bad meal here and always walk away with leftovers along with a feeling of being part of the family. Many thanks to Lola & Guiseppe.

2  Thank OneLadyJ

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Lola and Guiseppe's restaurant is a small quaint Italian restaurant with perfectly fixed Italian foods. The sauces are excellent and add greatly to the tasty meals served. A great number of selections to choose from. The wait staff is friendly and very helpful in selecting your choice of meal. A most enjoyable meal.

1  Thank williammZ222ZR
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter had a dance production and was hungry after dancing twice for Two hours. We came across this GEM. Small and quaint with immediate acknowledgement from the staff. Great wine selection both red and white. Amazing fresh garlic bread hot out of the oven. Italian wedding soup homemade with chunks of chicken and carrots with pasta spinach and tinie meatballs. Cesaer salad with homemade dressing. You can add anchovies. The meals were gigantic and beyond anything we have ever eaten at a restaurant. The dessert was so good we took some to go. The service is exceptional. They are only open for dinner and not every night. I felt like I was at my family's home for dinner. I am half Italian and usually don't go out for Italian because I cook it at home. I can't cook this well.

2  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We really enjoyed dinner at Lola & Guiseppe's. The food was great.They have the traditional Italian favorites prepared in interesting ways. I had the eggplant parmagiana and my husband and daughter both had the chicken marsala. The eggplant had a very crispy breading on it which is a different preparation than I've had before and I liked. The mushrooms in the chicken marsala were delicious and the chicken was moist. The decor is somewhat eccletic and inviting. If we are in Columbus again, we will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank SeeTheW0rld62
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Best welcome by Lola herself! What a beautiful personality! She is the owner and her recipes of home style Italian food are the best!
Recommend this as a the best Italian restaurant in Columbus!!!

1  Thank MCALVAREZ123