“Friendly Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We recently ate dinner here to celebrate a couple of birthdays with a group of 7. Service was friendly, and a little slow, but this seems to be a characteristic of authentic Italian places so that everyone has time to relax and enjoy each other's company while eating (which we did). The food was quite tasty and portions were generous. Everyone was glad we chose Lola's and would definitely come again.

1  Thank smithatnt

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Thanks to TripAdvisor, I discovered this little restaurant tucked in to a corner of a small strip mall not far from our motel. It's adorable but small - has the feel of an Italian home - and everyone is so friendly. Sandy our server was dynamite! But most importantly, the food was beyond amazing!! I had Guiseppi's Sampler which was one of his homemade meatballs on a bed of spaghetti, a piece of his to-die-for lasagna, and a generous portion of eggplant Parmesan on rigatoni - all with his delectable homemade sauce. My son had the lobster ravioli with shrimp and he couldn't stop raving about it. We capped it off by sharing a piece of tiramisu that was out of this world. If you're in Columbus, you HAVE to try this restaurant - my only regret is we live in Maryland and don't have anything like this back home...

2  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I love to visit Mom & Pop restaurants and prefer them to the chain restaurants. You won't find a lot of frills here. It is a small, somewhat crowded with dated Italian decor restaurant. What you do get is a greeting from Lola and/or Guiseppe as if you are a long lost relative (every time!) and great Italian food. There will most likely be a line outside the door waiting for a table on the weekend. Don't let that scare you, most of the available space in the restaurant is used for seating and the kitchen. I have learned if there is a special dessert that night make sure you order it along with your meal because once the special sells out you are out of luck. I have never had a bad meal here and always walk away with leftovers along with a feeling of being part of the family. Many thanks to Lola & Guiseppe.

2  Thank OneLadyJ
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Lola and Guiseppe's restaurant is a small quaint Italian restaurant with perfectly fixed Italian foods. The sauces are excellent and add greatly to the tasty meals served. A great number of selections to choose from. The wait staff is friendly and very helpful in selecting your choice of meal. A most enjoyable meal.

1  Thank williammZ222ZR
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter had a dance production and was hungry after dancing twice for Two hours. We came across this GEM. Small and quaint with immediate acknowledgement from the staff. Great wine selection both red and white. Amazing fresh garlic bread hot out of the oven. Italian wedding soup homemade with chunks of chicken and carrots with pasta spinach and tinie meatballs. Cesaer salad with homemade dressing. You can add anchovies. The meals were gigantic and beyond anything we have ever eaten at a restaurant. The dessert was so good we took some to go. The service is exceptional. They are only open for dinner and not every night. I felt like I was at my family's home for dinner. I am half Italian and usually don't go out for Italian because I cook it at home. I can't cook this well.

2  Thank Karen G