“Sports, Trivia, and Amazing Food!”
Review of Old Skool

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Skool
Ranked #343 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 19 April 2017

A few friends and myself stopped in for the first time yesterday (Tuesday) to catch the Bluejackets game. To our surprise, not only were they playing the game on multiple TVs but there was also trivia! We placed an order for drinks and foods and sat back to enjoy the game! We ordered a variety of items as it was our first time there. From smoked sliders to tater tots to corn dogs, we all were delighted with the food we picked out to try! I would recommend the pulled chicken or pulled pork if you're in the mood for a smoked meat! Trivia was a surprise to us and we had a lot of fun playing it as well. There were a lot of teams playing so fun was had by all. Our server, Ann B., was very friendly and asking us if we needed refills before we even thought of needing one ourselves! I saw where there were some arcade games but didn't play them as we were pretty preoccupied! As a resident in the Clintonville area, I think this is a great addition and I will definitely be returning! Also, the free popcorn was a nice surprise as well.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

The atmosphere of Old Skool is super fun and whimsical. They have a ton of TVs with plenty of games on. They are known for their hot dogs and smoked meat, and definitely get both. Lots of beer options whether you're looking for craft or not. Such a cool place!

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Had dinner with several family members last month. I had the brisket dinner with collard greens. The brisket was great and these were the best greens I've had North of the Mason-Dixon Line. Citramax beer was wonderful. Great addition to the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I heard that their wings are brined then grilled, and boy were they tasty! $1 each (10 for $10) and a side ($2.50) makes a perfect size meal. I like that they aren't fried like most other places. Their buffalo sauce had just the right amount of heat. Free popcorn at the door and reasonable priced drinks keep the place busy! Lots of tvs around the room are always showing local sporting events (e.g. OSU football, Cbus Crew, etc.)

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I heard good things about this place so we came here to check it out. They have 2 garage doors that open up to a patio out front. This is located on the end of a strip center in Clintonville. They smoke all their meats so the wings were tasty. Wednesday is $3 dog night so we tried the Breakfast Club dog that had bacon, tater tots, and a fried egg on top--good but hard to eat. The skin on the hotdog was tough to cut through. Their fried pickles were long strips with batter and a yummy dipping sauce. Lots of tvs with sports on. We will definitely be coming back again to try other things.