“Jane's New Management”

Jane's Hunger Paynes
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Crestline
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This is, at last, a very good place to eat! The choices for entrees are normal American and are very good to excellent! They have several daily specials and those are quite good as well. Ouality = very good to excellent; Service = Excellent; Prices = Very Good;
Environment = Family Friendly; Fridays and Sundays are very busy with patrons. Please visit, if you haven't yet, and you'll be back!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

The last time I eat here the table was so dirty I literally stuck to the table. I could write my name in the dirt. It wasn't just one missed spill.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Janes Hunger pains is a great place to have a good breakfast, the staff there are so friendly and the food is amazing!

Reviewed 22 April 2015

First of all Jane's has a nice small town vibe when you walk in the doors. Pictures of old time Crestline when it was a Railroad mecca adorn the wall which also include many pictures of people who were influential in the growth of Crestline. Love Jane and Ed for keeping this establishment open, I know they have invested a lot of time, money and love to keep the doors open.
The good is the weekend specials especially Rib night on Saturdays, they are delicious. The Sunday specials change weekly and are a good value also. The homemade pies are very good especially the Toll House Pie which you can get warmed up with ice cream. You won't be disappointed.
Now the bad. I find there menu items just average at best. I try to like there breakfast but I just don't think it is a good bargain for what you get. It is not awful, just boring. Same for lunch and dinner, a lot of selection but nothing I would make plans to stop and get. The week day specials are OK, just not as good as the weekend. They do have all you can eat fish on Fridays, but again it is the same old thing you can get elsewhere.
The service is usually good and the restaurant itself is very clean which I feel is important.
I agree with other reviews that Saturday mornings is not a time for music of any kind. I just want conversation and a good breakfast in the morning.
I frequent Jane's but I know when to eat there and what to order so I don't have an disappointing experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The food was great and the server Katie was so sweet. I had scrambled eggs, hash browns, and a bagel with cream cheese.

1  Thank Ken H