“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Wilds

The Wilds
Reviewed 18 November 2017

This place was on my bucket list of places to visit in the Midwest and I was not disappointed. I can't remember where I first heard of this place, but have always wanted to visit. My husband and I love wildlife and it may be awhile, if we ever get to Africa.

We paid for the Wild Side Tour and it was worth the extra cost. We had Chris as our guide. He was ver informative. He was able to go off-road with our small group. We were able to feed and pet rhinos, giraffes, camels, and other animals. Many that have become endangered species. We were able to drive right into a heard of bison. This was a very educational experience as well.

My next trip will include a stay in one of the Yurts and become a member. They do not receive government funding and are self-supporting.

2  Thank Fnpfritz123
in 17 reviews
"wild rice"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I did the Winter at the Wilds tour today- and it was absolutely amazing!! There were four of us total - so it was a very personal tour! Travis was a great tour guide - informative, knowledgeable, friendly and funny. We were able to see so many different animals up close through the drive and go in to pet the rhinos (new baby rhino - a month old!) and feed and pet the giraffe, if you are going to do this tour, you have to book online in advance as the park is otherwise closed and there is no way to arrive and be added on.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We were there the last day of the open air tours for the season. Though the temperature was a little cold, our tour guide made the trip pleasurable and fun.
Don, the tour guide, was very knowledgeable and did a great job. The wilds are very organized and clean facilities. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend an overnight stay in one of the Wilds yurts. They are glamping at its finest! Comfortable bed, private bath, a huge fire pit for evening socializing, and 24 hr. Concierge service. The overnight package includes 1 night in a yurt, dinner & breakfast for 2, 2 Open air Safari tickets, and free wifi. All adults; no children in the yurts. The food was good, served in a private dining room, and varied choices. We got to choose from a menu. The yurt was comfortable and exciting. Sitting in the middle of a wooded area with a fantastic view and hearing animals during the night was really, really great. I suggest that you join the other yurt occupants at the fire pit after dinner to enjoy an evening of talk and laughter. We were lucky to have nice, friendly people who were also very entertaining. We had a great time with our fellow travelers. We opted to pay extra for The Wilds Tour and it was well worth it. The free ranging animals came right up to the vehicle and we could pet them and feed them treats. There are too many animals to name. They are animals that are facing extinction and The Wilds is doing a great job of conserving and breeding them for the future. Even if you can't spend the night take a day trip for the tours. One of our best experiences in 47 years. We will definitely return and bring family and friends.

2  Thank picky307