“Sake bombs away”

Wasabi Steakhouse
Ranked #48 of 129 Restaurants in Elyria
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Want a good change of pace from burger joints and the corporate cookie cutter restaurants try Wasabi's Steakhouse. We like to eat at the bar and watch our chef make our sushi rolls and shishimi. Enjoy a sake bomb for desert. Bring the friends or the family and sit at a hibachi table and be entertained while dining on great Asian cuisine.

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Went here for dinner Saturday night. Didn't want to do the whole hibachi thing, so we ate in the regular restaurant section. It was practically deserted. I find this hard to understand, because the food was very good, the service was prompt and polite, and the prices were not unreasonable. Maybe everyone goes for the hibachi, but I would recommend trying the restaurant side sometime.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I had dinner at the sushi bar. Food was ok but nothing to get excited about. I also thought there was a lot of choices with spicy rolls vs. non spicy. Pricing was well below what I am used to pay: at least, I did not feel like I was overpaying.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 7 December 2014

The salad was an "American" salad swimming in watery dressing. I ordered Chirashi. Chirashi is supposed to be served in a bowl and include 7 kinds of sashimi. This had 5. The fish was "all right", the vinegared rice had almost no flavor and was cold. The warm saki was fine. The service was fine. The dining room was ugly and only about half furnished. I wouldn't go back.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Very good food, cooked habachi style in front of you. Good show, great for kids and families, sushi is fresh and delish.

Date of visit: April 2014