“Comfort Inn should pull this franchise!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Elyria
Kent, Ohio
“Comfort Inn should pull this franchise!”
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Maybe it was the hole in the wall above the TV; or maybe it was the open light fixture in the bathroom above the shower, or maybe it was the door that wouldn't lock unless you SLAMMED it, or maybe it was ALL the outside entrances that didn't work, or maybe it was the Front Desk Clerk in her barefeet walking across the lobby who tried her BEST to charge us $20 OVER our online agreement (we brought our confirmation), or maybe it was the ice machine that was "out of order" or maybe it was the washer and dryer that was "out of order" or maybe it's just me being too picky...... but this was the second worst hotel I have ever experienced in my 50+ years of travel. The online description stated "newly remodeled in January 2010 and shows beautiful photos etc; not so - at all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lovetotravel7347

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Owatonna, MN
Reviewed 12 October 2009

It's one thing to have a dirty room, but BED BUGS sealed it for me. I will NEVER, EVER, stay at another Comfort Inn. I informed the front desk about the bed bugs, they apologized, but didn't seem to overly concerned about it. I then called the General Manager, who also wasn't concerned. From there I called the Corporate Office. They too were not concerned. Even after I told them I planned to write a bad review about the hotel. I guess for them........money is money.......no matter how you get it and what you inflict on others. Hmmmmm????
Also, the internet connection was a joke. It goes in and out. You never have a connection long enough to get any work done.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank TLLOwatonna_MN

Travellers are raving about these Elyria hotels

lexington
Reviewed 29 August 2008

This property is somewhat dated. The bed was not comfy like most other Comfort Inns that I've stayed in recently. Upon my initial arrival I was greeted by a very friendly lady and was very happy about that, so far a good start. As I entered the room it smelled of stale smoke however someone had tried to cover it up as best as possible so I overlooked that. The carpet was beyond dirty.....my white socks I wore the evening of my arrival I put in the trash. The bed was very lumpy and the pillows had a pungeant odor of frebreeze or something chemically strong. It was quiet which was good. The alarm clock didn't work properly and the iron was welded to the ironing board with a coiled cord which was too short. Guess Iron thefts are on the rise. It also leaked....I did not eat breakfast. Check out was satisfactory. I'd stay here again if this was the only choice.

• Liked — The friendly evening staff member.
  • Disliked — The bed and the filthy floors.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank joeyrk
Pennellville, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I'm here in the lobby writing this review. The place is clean and easy to find from the highway. It's walking distance to fast food. The staff are a "little rough around the edges" but friendly. It's certainly not in a beautiful part of town, but I feel safe. I paid $89.00 with a AAA rate. That is @ $25.00 less than the Country Inn and Suites right next door. (They have a pool.)

Stayed August 2008
Iowa
Reviewed 9 February 2008

My family and I had a very good experience at this hotel. I selected it, because of the price and availability of queen beds. The beds (and the pillows) were the most comfortable we've had on the trip yet. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. They had egg patties, bacon, hashbrowns, belgium waffles, cereals, breads, and muffins. I would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, good breakfast
  • Disliked — The location was a little hard to find.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elyria
0.2 km away
7.8 km away
Days Inn Amherst
Days Inn Amherst
#1 of 2 in Amherst

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!