“El Toro Mexican Restaurant”
Review of El Toro

El Toro
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 August 2015

We stumbled upon this restaurant after a long day traveling, and were delighted to find El Toro. For us from the Northeast, it is authentic Mexican. The menu has the traditional Mexican foods you would expect. Our waitress was super helpful while we were ordering; pointing out the a-la-carte items, and suggesting meals that included the items we wanted. There was no problem with substitutions or putting part of the meal ‘on the side’. We were served warm chips and salsa while waiting for our meals – but what was really impressive was the speed that our meals came out. The dining room was about half full, and the kitchen was doing a great job of getting the meals out as they were ordered. We really enjoyed our meal, and would go to El Toro again the next time we travel through Englewood/Dayton.

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visited for dinner tonight. He had the chicken chimichanga and I had the California burrito with shredded chicken. Both were delicious but my burrito was one of the best I've ever had. It does have a bite but it is not too hot to enjoy. The salsa and guacamole ate very good as well. They have nightly drink specials. The wait staff is very curious.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner at this El Toro location. I highly recommend the Chicken Fajita Quesadilla but you may want to share with someone as there was so much food. Staff was very attentive and checked up on us frequently refilling our chip basket and drinks. The restaurant is very roomy and offers a nice area for larger groups. The bathrooms could stand some attention but that would not stop me from going back.

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

The food was really good. But it was really chilly in there, so I would recommend wearing a sweater. The music was also really loud for how early it was. We got there at 11:30 when they opened, so we were the only ones there. But everyone was very friendly and the food came out pretty fast.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

We are not local, but were in the mood for a good margarita & our hotel desk clerk told us about this place. It obviously just opened because the inside is impeccably clean & super nice! It looks brand new & so much room.

I got the margarita I came for, but so much more. The food was phenomenal. We ordered bean & cheese nachos as an appetizer and they were so close to what we eat in south Texas, I was stunned we are in the middle of Ohio! For my entree I had the fish tacos. They were spot on and the cream sauce they were served with was awesome. The whole "mixed veggie" side dish threw me off a little, but maybe that's how things are done here? I dunno. I nixed it and ordered beans in place of them. Everything was great. Literally. Great.

Service was also amazing! Our drinks never made it to half empty, dirty dishes were cleared away promptly & it was obvious that the servers worked as a team... Just because we weren't "their table" made no difference in all of the staff being so attentive.

Overall, it was a fabulous dining experience. I hope that this time next year, when we return, that they've not slacked off on any of the things I've talked about. This restaurant is a diamond in the rough! STAY THAT WAY!!!

2  Thank MSAshley6