“Very Tasty!”

El Toro
Ranked #10 of 45 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I purchased a fajita burrito and had a margarita. I was not real impressed by the margarita but the grilled onions and peppers in the burrito were cooked to perfection the overall flavor was excellent. The price was a little higher than I am used to being from South Texas we have cheaper mexican food options that are of similar quality.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We had a group of 18 and made a reservation for 6:30. Most of us arrived early and were seated in a quiet area. The other areas were noisy and the music was too loud. Where we were was nice because we could actually hear each other. But we were told we had to move because there was a party of 20 coming later. It took them almost a half an hour to get another table for us, even though we had 6:30 reservations. So at 7, we finally were re-seated. There were only 3 servers so we had to wait to get our drink orders and then even longer to give our food orders. She had so many other tables, that she couldn't effectively take care of any of us. There was no manager to be found and people were standing in the lobby without anyone to seat them. Food was good, but not enjoyable after waiting so long. Over two hours after we arrived, the other party showed up. We were finally finishing up but if they had let us keep the original table, we would have been long gone. Of course, then we had another frustrating wait to pay. I've eaten at other El Toro locations in Dayton,with a large group and never had issues like this. I think if two large groups were expected they would either have more help or have a manager there to assist. The shrimp and scallops were delicious which is why I gave it 2 stars. The server was good, but couldn't keep up. That is one El Toro I won't be going to ever again. I doubt any of us will. Poorly managed!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

You have got to go on Tuesday
Try to get there before 5pm or be prepared to wait a little bit
They really do a good job getting people in and out
Anyway on Tuesday you can get your choice of beef, chicken or pork tacos for only $ 1.00 each
We went Tuesday the four of us and left paying $ 20.00 total bill
Friendly service
Clean place
I’m sure you will enjoy it
And if you don’t like tacos they have 4-5 pages of menu to choose from
ENJOY

Reviewed 27 October 2017

The food was tasty.

We visited this restaurant two times. It may be wise to visit it again someday to form a better opinion about the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This is the first real Mexican food we have had in 7 years and it was absolutely wonderful!
My husband had chicken chimichanga and I had the chicken Chile Colorado. Both we excellent. We would order them again!