“Friendly and Charming”
Review of Cretan Garden

Cretan Garden
Ranked #14 of 30 Hersonissos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2015

We stayed at this hotel June 2014, the hotel is small and is run by a family and the service feels personal, most of the staff are happy to help and willing to go that little extra. The hotel is clean and has everything you need, bar, pool etc, rooms do not come with Air-con as standard but can be included for a charge of 7 Euro a night ( well worth it) All inclusive food is served three times daily and all inclusive drinks are served from 10am till 12pm however paid drinks are available before and after this time. all inclusive drinks include beer, wines, soft drinks and local spirits such as raki and ouzo. Location is not bad with a short walk to the beach and the town of Hersonissos is a short walk or taxi ride away ( worth going to visit the aquarium/reptile center). The staff are Ok, in particular Connie is very friendly and helpful and Tony is quite possibly the best bar man on the island, very friendly, really funny and full of great conversation, i would return to this hotel just for him!
The only negatives i could think of for this hotel were the selection of food ( slightly repetitive) and the attitude of the older staff members, Evie told me off for taking too much (all inclusive!) food and the older couple, possibly the owners, shouted at us for making sandwiches from the all inclusive breakfast to take with us to the airport as we had a long wait before our flight, i think both of these instances were unfair as we had paid all inclusive and spoiled what could have been a perfect little holiday. i think this was just one bad experience and people should not be put off going because of this. This is a lovely quiet, charming hotel on a lovely island with mostly great staff and everything you need for a great holiday, this hotel is not full of clubbers, nor is it suitable for them. All in all a lovely holiday despite one or two minor incidents..

Room Tip: New built annexe rooms are lovely, our standard room with a sea view was perfect, and we didn't...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john s

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

We were there for 10 days. Everything was ok until I notice that my clothes is missing. First my t-shirt and shorts, I go to reception and told the young woman (daughter of owner), she said maybe the cleaning lady took it with the towels accidently,so I said ok maybe, but it was black and towels are white,but never mind. So, after 2 days I try to find my pants made of silk,which were at the bottom of my suitcase(!!) but I didn't find it, so I go again at the reception and told the same woman that now my pants are missing, she said maybe they fall from the balcony(??). She didn't believe me both times, she act like I am crazy and like nothing happened. I complained to my agency,they called the owner of hotel and told him everything, he didn't know what happened, but he didn't helped anyway. Everything else was fine, food,pool but that's not matter when you can't relax! SO DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL IF YOU WANT TO HAVE NICE HOLIDAY!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Doktorka88
Reviewed 4 July 2015

A nice place for the adult that are traveling without kids.

I traveled with my 3 year old and was very unhappy. Not a family friendly place overall, from food to amenities. Overall, from what I have seen, it is ran by a greedy family that doesn't do much for their guests.

The first night we got there our room got flooded and I witnessed them arguing in front of me in Greek, seemed that they didn't want to give us a new room, so we had to wait for them to fix the pipe or whatever, it took about 5 hours to wait for the handyman, after they fixed it the floors were left wet.

The playground was dreadful, very old and even dangerous, the scary part was the lights next to the playground didn't have a bulb and anyone who could touch it would get electrocuted, I can't believe they are that reckless specially next to a playground where kids are supposed to play.

The kiddie pool was not really a pool for kids, but an adult pool that had less water, which made it not easy for a small kid to get into it.

There was nothing to eat for kids, I had to feed my child macaroni for 7 days for dinner.

The most awkward part was at breakfast and dinner, while people were getting their food, the kitchen attendant was standing behind the buffet stand and watching everyone's plate, almost looking in your eyes...

The hell I went through to even check my email, the internet at the reception was dropping every 2 minutes and was a hell!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Friendly staff, always clean, lovely pool and the best cocktails around. Everything you need for a relaxing summer holiday spiced with a great sense of humor and a great view.
Freundliches zuvorkommendes Personal, alles sauber, schöner Pool, hervorragende Cocktails. Alles was man für einen großartigen Sommerurlaub braucht. Dazu noch Humor und dieser Ausblick, so schöööööön.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank airlieb2014
Reviewed 24 November 2014

Myself and a group of friends went to stay here and found it to be a quiet and charming hotel. The bar, reception and cooking staff were all lovely and welcoming even taking photos with us, chatting to us every day about our plans and eager to recommend greek attractions and transport to us which were fantastic days out. The rooms were authentic greek style and clean, with a spacious living area, bedroom and balcony to sit out at. The pool was great and not too busy, with plenty of deckchairs available outside to sit at during the day. The food was lovely, with something different to try every day but with foods like pasta and salads available if that isn't your cup of tea! The beach was only a few minutes walk away as well as a supermarket with lots of little souvenirs and snacks. There is a long promenade beside the beach which makes for a beautiful evening walk with lots of little shops along here too. Would definitely go back here! It's the most welcome I have felt in a hotel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 566nez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
6.7 km away
3.7 km away
Romantica Hotel Apartments
Romantica Hotel Apartments
#7 of 11 in Koutouloufari

Been to Cretan Garden? Share your experiences!