Lowest prices for your stay
US$114
View deal
US$108
View deal
Priceline
eDreamsUS$108
ZenHotels.comUS$211
Destinia.com
All reviews northern lights dorm room place to stay in town clean rooms coffee and tea polar night hostel accommodation svalbard angie guesthouses arctic trips reindeer
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2021

First impression while wandering towards the mountain side leaving town, sea and literally civilization only for one last night: „why did I choose this remote place in this alreaaaaaady remote place, it’ll gonna take me forever to join folks back in town in the evening.
BUT I never made my way down to town this night, even if it was my last night in Svalbard, because I just really enjoyed the Gjestehuset with this dedicated staff - Angie (hope it is spelled right) and everyone else, the mountain view and the whole unique atmosphere, the other tourists, the spontaneous BBQ...!!!!! - it was the perfect ending of a perfect trip. Thanks loads, Gjestehuset

Date of stay: August 2021
Olena Hindseth, General Manager at Gjestehuset 102, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2021

MariebB2863KL,
Thank you so much for your choice and warm words, we are like that sometimes very spontaneous, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2021

We just came home from an amazing stay 102.

Higly recommended!

We got a early bird price at 114 $ per night.

This is by far the cheapest price for any accomodation in Longyearbyen.

There might maybe be a few private room AirBnB's that maybe can match it, but then you are realy lucky.

The rest of the Hotels and Guesthouses in Longyearbyen are crazy overpriced starting at around 200 bucks per night. This is expensive eaven compared to mainland Norway.

Gjestehuset does the job. It is warm, safe and clean. It is in walking distance from the center, and a very nice brekky is included.

The staff is wonderfull and kind and offered me free homemade spicy chicken.
Thank you so much. :)

Dont expect the Hilton, but i guess no one with a little bit of research will when they compare with the rest of the options in Svalbard.

I did not ask for the Hotel room price when I was in Pyramiden, that might actually be cheaper. :D

Anyway, great people, great place. Would stay again for sure. <3

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Espen82

Dear Espen82, we thank you so much for the rate and description, such words make us happy and constantly force to do even a better job for our guests. You are welcome again, again and again, to come back and stay with us!

Reviewed 9 January 2021

It's a nice simple place with clean rooms, working facilities and very friendly & helpful management. Located a bit off the city center, but it's a pleasant walk, and not a long one.
I stayed at 102 in 2016 and 2020 and will choose it again if i happen to come back to Svalbard - as much for hospitality as for the price (most likely the cheapest in Longyearbyen) and the manager's readiness to help in whatever your requests might be.
Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank 786roman786
Olena Hindseth, General Manager at Gjestehuset 102, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

Thank you so much for the rate, we would be happy to meet you again.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

The hotel was really clean and tidy, and it had all the facilities needed. The beds were comfortable, and it was realy nice that coffee and tea were there at all times! Moreover the staff was really helpful and friendly, we even got served homemade springrolls for free the first night since me and my friend were so hungry:-))) They were also realy flexible with the check out and everything went really smooth and easy for us. Super good value for money, would recommend everyone!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Olena Hindseth, General Manager at Gjestehuset 102, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Thank you so much for such a great review! Welcome more and more times :)

Reviewed 2 September 2020

I was traveling alone to Svalbard a few weeks ago and Gjestehuset is the most affordable place in Longyearbyen. The staff is very, very friendly and they are very good at creating a really cozy hostel mood. I plan on staying there next time I'm on Svalbard, which is hopefully soon.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank MathiasKaa
Olena Hindseth, General Manager at Gjestehuset 102, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2020

Hello Mathias,

Thank you for the rate and review. We appreciate it a lot. Should you decide to come back with us in another season, do not hesitate to book with us directly, we offer good discounts for returning guests. :) We hope you had a great time, and that you have enjoyed your Svalbard experience to the fullest!

Stay well and healthy. Until next time! :)

Best Regards,