Review Highlights
Good communication and service.

Me and my friend used guiding services provided by Svalbard Wildlife Expeditions in August 2021... read more

Reviewed 5 December 2021
khelikm
Highly recommendable

We got great service from Svalbard Expedition and really liked their approach for the activities we... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2021
KristofV27
Auderghem, Belgium

All reviews ice cave hiking trip kayak tour glacier cave cool trip amazing weather wonderful hike dry suit guides were super friendly his passion weather conditions fun experience beautiful scenery amazing trip recommend this trip marko equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

Nice trip, experienced guides Mirko and Peter, special meals, magical places. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

I joined a tour to the ice cave beneath the Larsbreen/Larsglasier. The guide was not to enthusiastic, but informative enough.

The tour itself was nice and the ice cave interesting! We were a small group.

I got worried when I experienced how the guide handled his rifle. At one point he tried several times to chop it down into the snow in a “standing” position outside the cave, it wouldn’t “stand” so he just laid it down pointing against his guests! (but he changed it after I made him aware of it), after he left it outside the cave with the breech (!) while we were inside. It is illegal to leave a gun with its breech without supervision.

But besides that, the tour was fine.

1  Thank jennymikkelsens
Reviewed 10 May 2019

We joined the "Mountain hike: To the summit of Trollsteinen" hike on the beginning of February, when the sun is still not shining over Longyearbyen.
Our guide, Vlad, was extremely knowledgeable, intelligent and very nice. He answered all our questions (and there we tons!) delightfully, and explained to us almost everything about the mountain itself, the glaciers, formation of ice caves, origin of the coal in Svalbard and also about his experience living in such a distant place.
The hike itself was only a bit challenging, as the snow is icy in some areas and the low-light conditions add an extra difficulty. However, if you're coming prepared for the challenge you will surely enjoy this hike.
We hiked with other companies in Svalbard, and this hike was the best of them all. So if you're planning to hike in while in Longyearbyen - Svalbard Wildlife is the company to choose.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 8 May 2019

I can't fault the trip at all - so sorry but I forgot our guide's name, but he was one of the best guides I've met! The hike was not easy but the guide was extremely patient with everyone. He somehow managed to keep up with everyone/keep everyone happy, though everyone were on all ends of the fitness spectrum. His passion towards nature is extremely evident and it was a great privilege to steal a lot of his knowledge! PS. it was a bonus to have his dog Mira(?) joining us.

Reviewed 28 April 2019

great outdoorish experience around the accessible areas of the island (north west, north east, south east, south west and back)

Date of experience: April 2019