Open today: 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Review Highlights
A must do in Svalbard

Amazing experience. Both Tommy and Anja are so professional and they love their dogs! If you can... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
nlentzas
One of my most pressures things I’ve done so far

We had a awesome adventure out there with Tommy’s dogs outside in the rocky tundra of Svalbard. To... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
46jir

All reviews dog sledding north pole dog yard his team small group happy dogs great stories to tell fantastic experience beautiful valley exciting stories ask questions short hike polar expeditions nice trip warm clothing soup tommy
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We had most of a day that we hadn’t planned anything after a couple of boat excursions. I found Husky Travelers through trip advisor and we booked an ~4 hour dog cart ride. We had a blast! The raw power of the dogs was an experience and feeling I won’t soon forget. My wife and I had a great time. I’m a big guy so it was a bit of a squeeze into the cart but I made it.
Everything already said about the love and care of the dogs is true, and you won’t find that at the bigger corporate dog yards. That care along with the lunch in the owners house added a deep genuine feeling to the experience.
He has coveralls, gloves, hats and boots for the ride so you don’t need to come prepared like we did.
We got to spend a lot of time in the dog yard and walking a couple of pups afterward was neat too.
The pictures are still on the camera so I’ll leave you with this: go north my friend!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Had an outstanding time doing this adventure. You will learn the history and feel apart of the Arctic culture as Tommy welcomes you into his home. You can truly experience what goes into dogsledding and how passionate this family is about it. They truly love their dogs and what they do. It's so much fun to drive the sled with a pack of excited dogs getting their training for their grand trips to the North Pole. Great experience!!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Arctic Husky Travellers to gain an insight into the life of a dog musher as this lifestyle is completely foreign to our part of the world (Australia). We were not disappointed.
Tommy welcomed us into his home and was the perfect guide.
It is very easy to see how much Tommy and the family care for their dogs. They are truly part of his family and not simply a working animal. The care they take with each of the dogs is very apparent when observing the bond they have with Tommy and his family. This alone is lovely to see.
Tommy took us through his experience in competitions, trekking and as a guide. He is very knowledgeable and allows time for you to ask questions and really immerse yourself in the Arctic lifestyle.
The sledding on wheels was great fun too and everyone in our group was given ample time to try it out for themselves.
Tommy allowed us to take some of the dogs who missed out on mushing out for a walk afterwards as we took in some of the scenery and were shown some whale bones from the previous ice age.
We were also fortunate enough to see a litter of recently born puppies, so that was a real treat.
We visited in late summer but hope to return one day to have the whole experience in winter as well.
Why choose them? If you want a very personalised experience in a smaller group with a team who really care about what they do, this is the trip for you.
We would certainly recommend anyone to book with Arctic Husky Travellers for a unique experience with an operator who is very passionate about what they do while having the welfare and care of the dogs as their top priority.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We arranged a 3-days activity with this family-owned operator. It was our intro to the Arctic, started with a short dog-on-wheels ride (very interesting, can highly recommend as a summer activity), and followed with a two day trek through the valleys behind Longyearbyen - with an overnight camping. Our guide Anja was very experienced and knowledgeable, she setup some challenging river fording for us, and she was always evaluating the risks involved in order to get us safely back. And last but not least, her rucksack seemed full of good food, snacks and coffee :-)

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This is a dog mushing operation that takes up to 6 people out at a time. Run by a family and helpers that love dogs, the setting for lunch is comfortable in the owner’s home. Informative and a wonderful experience, any time of year I expect. They love their dogs!

Date of experience: June 2018